sidwynder505

Dead On Taxidermy????????????

Had a few guys hit me up about Kevin. Yep, he is still alive. Yes he is still in Eagar. He is working a full time gig now. It took me a serious amount of patience to finally get my bird back. 2 months promised turned into 9 months. I messaged him on FB, text message, and emailed. He would never answer his phone when I called. After he went silent, I started to research small claims for Apache County. Im the last guy that will sue anyone - its just not me. All I wanted was my bird back in whatever condition it was in and refund. Finally, finally, he messaged me back after my wife messaged his wife on FB and after I notified him via text, email, and FB that I would be taking him to small claims court if I didn't get results. In all honesty, I had my bird bad 3 weeks later. It turned out just like I figured it would and very nice. Kevin is very talented, just terrible with business which is a shame. I hope you other guys can get some resolution with your animals. One other member on CWT mentioned trying to contact him via FB on the living in round valley page. That was my last step if needed but it didn't have to go that far which I was thankful for. He has not moved so worst case a knock and talk might be warranted worse case. Best of luck guys. 

Here is the final product

IMG_5306.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dcshorthairs said:

Had a few guys hit me up about Kevin. Yep, he is still alive. Yes he is still in Eagar. He is working a full time gig now. It took me a serious amount of patience to finally get my bird back. 2 months promised turned into 9 months. I messaged him on FB, text message, and emailed. He would never answer his phone when I called. After he went silent, I started to research small claims for Apache County. Im the last guy that will sue anyone - its just not me. All I wanted was my bird back in whatever condition it was in and refund. Finally, finally, he messaged me back after my wife messaged his wife on FB and after I notified him via text, email, and FB that I would be taking him to small claims court if I didn't get results. In all honesty, I had my bird bad 3 weeks later. It turned out just like I figured it would and very nice. Kevin is very talented, just terrible with business which is a shame. I hope you other guys can get some resolution with your animals. One other member on CWT mentioned trying to contact him via FB on the living in round valley page. That was my last step if needed but it didn't have to go that far which I was thankful for. He has not moved so worst case a knock and talk might be warranted worse case. Best of luck guys. 

Here is the final product

IMG_5306.JPG

This is good news! Glad you got it back, what a mess. 

I had a taxidermist up in round valley country keep a couple elk and a coues for 3 years.  (Different guy). Finally had to just go get the capes and horns and walk on the deposits.  Swore I’d never do that again and then did with two antelope heads to some clown in NM that ended up with a euro and a head mount for 4.5 years (outfitter recommended him and I listened).  I was back there hunting a couple years later and mentioned my mess to the outfitter who had recommended him in front of some other clients and he acted like it had never been a problem.  Later that month I got threats from the taxidermist on my personal cell, business phone and business Facebook for slander because none of the other clients left any work with him after hearing my story.  Turned messy in a hurry with him threatening my business and my family.  The guy was off his rocker.  Forgot to mention when I did finally get my work back from him the first time after 4.5 years I had to have the mount redone with a new cape.  It was the last animal my step dad killed before being killed in a car crash so now every time I look at it I have to relive that nightmare and think of the $1500 I have into a simple antelope head mount.  So needless to say I NEVER EVER leave taxidermy with anyone but my go to guy anymore.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

I had a taxidermist up in round valley country keep a couple elk and a coues for 3 years.  (Different guy). Finally had to just go get the capes and horns and walk on the deposits.  Swore I’d never do that again and then did with two antelope heads to some clown in NM that ended up with a euro and a head mount for 4.5 years (outfitter recommended him and I listened).  I was back there hunting a couple years later and mentioned my mess to the outfitter who had recommended him in front of some other clients and he acted like it had never been a problem.  Later that month I got threats from the taxidermist on my personal cell, business phone and business Facebook for slander because none of the other clients left any work with him after hearing my story.  Turned messy in a hurry with him threatening my business and my family.  The guy was off his rocker.  Forgot to mention when I did finally get my work back from him the first time after 4.5 years I had to have the mount redone with a new cape.  It was the last animal my step dad killed before being killed in a car crash so now every time I look at it I have to relive that nightmare and think of the $1500 I have into a simple antelope head mount.  So needless to say I NEVER EVER leave taxidermy with anyone but my go to guy anymore.   

Completely agree, I’ve learned my lesson as well.

• Like 1

I am having similar issues with Dead on Taxidermy.  I agree with DCShorthairs that Kevin at Dead on does amazing work.  He created a beautiful turkey rug for my brother in 2018.  After seeing his work I dropped off my turkey in May of 2020, he told me he would be done in two months which worked out for me as we spend most of the summer camping in the White Mountains.  I contacted Kevin July 7th 2020 telling him we would be nearby July 12-26 and he said no problem he would have it ready.  Called and text before our return home with no response.  Called and text again in August with no response as we would be in the area.  October my daughter had youth a elk hunt (successful) in unit one we made multiple attempts to get in contact with no avail.  Continually, I have been trying to reach out and have had no success.  I am very disappointed as I harvested a very nice turkey with a long beard and spurs.  I hope for some contact as I would be fine if he is facing any issues, but a simple "I'm behind, busy or struggling to get things done" would be fine with me.  No explanation from someone you have shaken hands with is unacceptable in my book.

• Like 1

Quick update on this dirt bag Kevin Whitmore, after almost two years of many text phone calls with no return I finally make contact and Kevin and he asked for my address.  This afternoon I received a thawed turkey wrapped in plastic bags at my front door delivered by UPS.  No offer to return my deposit.  I immediately put it in my freezer with hope maybe some taxidermist can salvage it but I have no idea

Just a warning if this guy ever pops up as a taxidermist anywhere else do not use him.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly I was ready for small claims court in Apache county. I didn’t care what it would cost. Just wanted to make sure he understood that he was doing things wrong. Sorry man it turned out this way. I still can’t believe I got mine back. I would post your experience high and low so NO ONE else gets burned. His signs are still up on the building in Springerville on Main Street. 

11 hours ago, Evan said:

Quick update on this dirt bag Kevin Whitmore, after almost two years of many text phone calls with no return I finally make contact and Kevin and he asked for my address.  This afternoon I received a thawed turkey wrapped in plastic bags at my front door delivered by UPS.  No offer to return my deposit.  I immediately put it in my freezer with hope maybe some taxidermist can salvage it but I have no idea

Just a warning if this guy ever pops up as a taxidermist anywhere else do not use him.   

Has he asked you to delete that comment on his FB page? I know I wouldn't delete it. At least you go the bird back.

Update on my buddy who I posted about earlier on this thread. After many promises of "2 more weeks" for months, Kevin went MIA and quit responding to calls and emails. Eventually we were able to track down Kevin's home address. My buddy let him know that he would be showing up at his house if he did not reply. Kevin asked him when he could come by and that he would have the unfinished "parts" of his son's deer ready for pickup. When my buddy went by, no one was home, or at least that would come to the door, but the antlers and cape were on the doorstep. My buddy had been told that the cape had been tanned, but it had not and was completely ruined. At least he was able to get his antlers back and took them to a real taxidermist who had a cape my buddy could buy. Obviously, he lost the 50% down he had paid.

I have no doubt Kevin is still taking in animals and 50% deposits.

• Wow! 1

25 minutes ago, rossislider said:

Update on my buddy who I posted about earlier on this thread. After many promises of "2 more weeks" for months, Kevin went MIA and quit responding to calls and emails. Eventually we were able to track down Kevin's home address. My buddy let him know that he would be showing up at his house if he did not reply. Kevin asked him when he could come by and that he would have the unfinished "parts" of his son's deer ready for pickup. When my buddy went by, no one was home, or at least that would come to the door, but the antlers and cape were on the doorstep. My buddy had been told that the cape had been tanned, but it had not and was completely ruined. At least he was able to get his antlers back and took them to a real taxidermist who had a cape my buddy could buy. Obviously, he lost the 50% down he had paid.

I have no doubt Kevin is still taking in animals and 50% deposits.

This just isn’t right. Especially a kids mount. For anyone that has this same issue his address is in eagar az. I also had to go to his house. This information is readily available on the Apache county property site. I hope no one else is getting hosed by this guy. 

• Like 1

Can anyone give me any information on Kevin? I had him do a shoulder mount for my Bull and a Euro mount for my Wifes Bull. Cant find him, cant get ahold of him. After reading this i think i may take him to small claims court as well....

Kevin

PO Box 688

EAGAR, AZ 85925

"You can text me at this temporary  # 9285517730" from Kevin

34.11058, -109.26804 lives here last time talk to his wife. Hope this helps, I'm just glad I got my goat back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vowell said:

Kevin

PO Box 688

EAGAR, AZ 85925

"You can text me at this temporary  # 9285517730" from Kevin

34.11058, -109.26804 lives here last time talk to his wife. Hope this helps, I'm just glad I got my goat back.

THANK YOU Very Much!

• Like 1

Good Luck! He had my Turkey for two years and would not respond. Found his wife on facebook Sarah Shannon Whitmore and began sending her messages.  She agreed to ship my turkey to Phoenix.  She shipped it ground and took 4 days and arrived rotted with the box smelling horrible. The UPS driver was overwhelmed.   I wish I would have taken another members advice to pick up my trophy.  Go knock on this door https://goo.gl/maps/PAFXYwpTM9Srkb5X7

He has a shop full of years of big game and has screwed people over.  He has set up multiple "go fund me" accounts for bull Sh!t resosons. He and his whole family blocked my on social media for calling him out