Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

*Monster Goat in the Dirt* 2014 Antelope Hunt

WOW! Congratulations on an amazing journey and a trophy buck! Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

What a great hunt! Thanks for sharing. Incredible pronghorn!

Top of the line post and hunt buddy. All my congrats and I must say great diy hard work hunting. Great job all involved.

I am so happy you said something about this. Although I did not pay a guide, a landowner, or even a butcher one penny for this hunt; I could never feel good about claiming it as DIY. You see I received dozens of PM's, emails, texts, and calls from different folks who offered support or advice. Great friends took vacation and time away from their families to help me scout and hunt. Josiah came out on his own dime and offered anything we needed, Chuck came up and did anything I needed, Mark brought his trailer and cooked every meal and then stood by my side and offered encouragement when I doubted myself after two misses in a single night, and then when it came time to get the job done and he could see I was rattled he jumped up grabbed a pack and said I'll come with you, he and Josiah coached me the through the agonizing hour and a half between the first shot on the Legend and the last.

When I had trouble with my muzzleloader three weeks before the hunt my mailbox filled up with advice on how to fix it, 5 different people offered guns to me, members called and talked me through the possible fixes. TJ sent me a text that lifted my spirits and reminded me to keep my priorities in order and my eye on the prize.

This buck will hang on my wall, but it belongs to everyone who took part. Thank all of you so much, this whole experience has been more gratifying than any other I have ever participated in. There is no way it could have happened without the help and support of all of you. Thanks, I couldn't have done it without you.

• Like 12

That's why I said All involved. I just don't go for the outfitted hunt deal and love to see a bunch of hard working guys get it done. I know the fact that all the help and company makes it even sweeter. This hunt will last a lifetime.

• Like 4

That's why I said All involved. I just don't go for the outfitted hunt deal and love to see a bunch of hard working guys get it done. I know the fact that all the help and company makes it even sweeter. This hunt will last a lifetime.

Thanks MPH. I was just glad someone brought it up so I could share a little more about how great everyone was.

Great story. I really enjoyed reading about the preparation for your hunt. To me that is the most enjoyable part. Tagging an animal is just a bonus. Congratulations

WOW, What a stellar and unique looking buck, Congrats!!!!!

Bro! This was one of the funnest hunts I have ever been on. You joys are my joys. Congrats.

• Like 1

I normally don't come into this part of the forum as I have 14 BP's and know that the chances of getting drawn are slim to none and don't want to get myself all worked up. LOL

I just read this whole thread from begining to end. Glad to see it all come together for you.