Sign in to follow this  
Coues&Bass

Fishing Reports

If it were me Id stay at Apache and fish deep deep. Like on cliff walls in between the marina and the dam on the channel side of the lake and fish in between 70 and 20 foot of water with drop shots and spoons. If the lake is up the tuleys/grass could be good too. I just havent had much faith or luck in rosey over the passed couple of years. Hopefully with those new Florida strain it will turn around. I'v just caught alot more Fish at Apache the last few years. Number and Size.

I agree, Roosevelt has been really slow for us the last few years. My dad caught 3 last month in one afternoon and he fished very hard for those 3 fish, only one good one (all were on medium sized crankbaits). At Apache even on a slow day we catch a few good fish. Last year middle of the summer we did pretty good pitching lizards in the small coves on the deeper side of the lake. typical summer fishing we went for a 2-3 hour stretch catching fish every 10-15 minutes and then it completely shut off back to nothing like it was in the morning.

Also, Rosey can be crazy windy which just makes fishing miserable, Apache has much more area to stay out of the wind.

Good luck!

I am going to Apache, the last time we fished in the summer produced some good numbers of largemouth, smallmouth and channel cat on texas rigged worms. I will look for your bumpers trphyhntr but I am from Safford not sure where you are at. Hopefully they are chasing shad and get some topwater action in.

We caught a few bass and bluegill at Apache. The bluegill were caught while fishing for bass. We caught our fish on texas rigged power worms, jerkbaits and deap diving crankbaits. best action was in the evening and morning but still caught fish all day. Almost lost a boat bumper and broke a U bolt on the trailer. Overall we had a good trip though. We lost a smallmouth at the boat that was around 4 lbs and another that was about 3. Just could not keep a hook in them when they jumped out of the water.

We caught 18 saturday in 4 hours at Apache. One 4 pound smallie was jet black. Our fish came from shallow water near deep water and all on T rig.