Sign in to follow this  
mpriest

Best Tires

Toyo a/t, I've done the BFG and I've done the Goodyears and most other big names. Hands down my favorite are the Toyo a/t. Great tread and not noisy on the pavement.

I agree the good years are junk. We've had more than 10 flat tires with them. I even tried the Kevlar model. I haven't run Toyo yet because BFG seemed to solve the problem. Maybe I'll throw a couple on my spare rims and see how they do when I swap out. I've heard good things.

I've had bfg ats on a bronco and a f250 diesel and they didn't wear very well on those trucks at least. Michelin's I've used are as good as it gets as far as GREAT road life,excellent load ratings for towing and hauling, and sufficient offroad ability.haven't seen a better all around tire personally.only down side is I don't think they have them in 35s I run on my truck.

BFG AT's have always been great for me. Tried the Yokohama's last go around. Really liked them until they ran out of tread at 23k miles! Right now I'm running the BFG Rugged Terrains. Very happy so far but only have 10k on them.

I used to always run the BFG All terrains but I have now switched to the BFG Rugged Terrain. They are a little quieter on the highway and have great traction off road.

I really like the Goodyear Duratrac's I have on my truck right now. A little noisier than the BFG AT but also more aggressive.

Call Paul at Central Car Care in Phoenix. (Assuming you're in the valley) tell him Alex sent you. He took care of some tires for a fellow cwt member recently(kaibabhunter). gave him a good deal. 602 997 7515

Thanks

BFG's are always on the top of the list. The Pro Comp's I had two sets ago are still at the top of my list. They road great on and off road and held up really well.

The General Grabber's keep getting rave reviews in a lot of articles but they are pricey as well.

X2. I have 32" BFG all terrain and I love them. I've also had pro comp on my last truck and the road pretty smooth. I can't chime in on tread wear. My tires are 1.5 years old and have less than 2k on them.

Paid little under 800 for 4 with warranty

No bfg rugged terrains!! Im glad it's finally time for new tires we've had them on the FJ and I hated them!! No traction at all I will be going to all terrains this time. I have no idea how they came up with the name rugged terrain for those tires lol

BFG all terrains it is. Got an appointment at discount tire tomorrow. FYI for anyone else that need tires discount tire is having a sale starting tomorrow

i see tires that get abused daily and i would rather get BFGs KM2s, GY Kevlars, or Toyo M/Ts. ive seen Kevlars and toyos do very well but are expensive.

General Grabbers. I read quite a few reviews before buying and it was hard to find a bad one.