Sign in to follow this  
AZHUNTER05

BEST UTV TIRES?

I'm looking for some new quality UTV tires. What are you guys running on your side by sides? Any good suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have a side x side, but I use ITP Mud Lite XTR's, on my Polaris Sportsman. Probably not the best,all around tire but they have a very agressive tread pattern for sand, mud, rocky terrain. Pricey for sure. They are great for clawing through nasty stuff. Just a little rougher ride than some tires. But there are trade offs for the different tires.

I have heard Maxxis Bighorns are good. But I have no experience with them

l saw some Greenball Kanati Mongrel 8 ply tires at Costo the other day. I really liked the look of them. The look like a great hybred that would last on the hard AZ trails, but still have good traction.

I still have stock tire on my SXS but I have a set of GBC Dirt Devil II on my quad. They have close to 2000 miles on them and are barely half worn. Make sure you go with a 26" tire or larger. Tread depth from the factory goes from 20/32'' on a 25" to 39/32" on a 26" tire. After this season I will be buying a set for my Teryx hands down

I have had the xtr's on my Ranger and they did great, but when I started to do a lot more dirt roads and street use I switched to the Interco swampers. They were 28 inches tall and had a weight rating for a small truck. I would air tem down to 4-5 pounds. Even after 1000 miles they didn't show any wear. I could run 52 mph on the hardtop. Plus they are dot rated so the cops and forest service couldn't ticket me on the road. I will need a small lift and spacers to make them fit. David

I use the maxxis VIPR tires on my ranger and they are great.never had a flat on them or got stuck.

Well, in 2019 the range of options is pretty wide... SunF Power A033, Carlisle Turf Tamer or TERACHE Atlas Premium might suit you well. Check out this for specifications. Good luck.

I'm currently running the fuel grippers on my Honda Pioneer so far they've been great mud snow sand Blacktop