Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Catfish Time x2

Just got back from some fun catfishin'

It wasn't super fast action but we ended up with around 15 cats between 3 and 8 pounds. Fish fry tomorrow!

post-478-0-00256300-1404020871_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-62661100-1404020914_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-55457900-1404020935_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-55450100-1404020993_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

There's no doubt you got a good spot and had a great time fishing with the boys. Now we need to see some pics of the fish fry. I assume somewhere on the Black River? Did you catch any bass or was this just a catfish trip? Thanks for sharing! :)

TJ

Just finished up the fish fry - it was awesome - sorry no pix, and also sorry I'm not tellin' where :)

• Like 1

Just finished up the fish fry - it was awesome - sorry no pix, and also sorry I'm not tellin' where :)

Now what do you think of that cwt members? jk :)

TJ

Good ribbin' TJ. I brought my brother-in-law and his girlfriend's son (the young man with glasses). He tried some bass fishing, and there were plenty to be caught but pretty small. I saw a couple really big smallies, but all I brought was catfishing gear. My catfishin' spots and my bassin' spots unfortunately have some distance between them.

Here's a taste of the one of the bassin' spots.

post-478-0-17905800-1404096303_thumb.jpg

That is a beautiful hog of a smallmouth for the Black River. There was no moments more enjoyable in my life than fishing the Black back in the late 80s- early 90s. 75-100 fish days were not uncommon. We had catfish back then also. And bears. Oh my the bears.

love the Black River. always have a great time catching tons of smallies and protecting camp from the bears. last time I went was a few years ago and we had a problem bear that actually made everyone else around us leave so it worked out because we had the place to ourselves. the ranger came I and were we bs ing with him when the bear came in and the ranger shot him with bean bags. sure enough the bear came back in to mess with us. ranger came back next day with a big ole stinky metal trap. sure enough the trap worked and mr bear was relocated.have had quite a few close calls with bears on the rez-memories that will not be forgotten for sure.

Yeah, the Black is a very special place. I have decades of great memories all over this state and others. Many places I find sacred, but the Black stands out from all of them. There's just something truly amazing about that place that I feel the most at peace when I'm there.

• Like 2