Sign in to follow this  
Evinruud

ANYONE GET HIT FOR SHEEP

Huntharder, if You were reffering to Me by chance Iv'e only been a non res for 3 years. Aint gonna give in that far into the game. I got a Favorite unit and I will hunt it. At My age I will probly never get a early bull tag again, at least well I can still get around. Plus IVe had one and theres nothin else like it . As far as Guides there are only a handfull I would consider and I know them. Plan on having the time of My Life when I get My tag......................BOB

• Like 1

NatureBob--Not referring to you at all. I read your post and understand your situation. I hope you get the tag you desire soon. I can appreciate that after so long not getting drawn, why give in and not get the absolute best tag you can.

• Like 2

MULEDEERAREA33.......

Yes you can still kill a ram. One thing that comes along with a sheep tag is plenty of help. You will have guys come out of the woodwork to help you and if the unit has past hunting history you will get that info. Once you draw a tag you will be offered to attend the sheep clinic and I would highly recommend you do that as somebody there will have info or has hunted your unit before.

• Like 1

I just enjoy knowing that there are LOTS of uneducated people about how the draw works. Seems most on this site get the concept, but the general public put in for hunts that offer 0.0% draw odds for sheep. For instance unit (longrifle), for sakes of not educating too many internet lurkers, had over 2100 applicants that applied for the hunt with less than max points and had no chance of even being considered for the tag. Makes me think that understanding the draw odds is such an advantage when applying in our state. Not only for sheep, but for other species as well.

As a non-Res applying for elk, they only seem to apply for the same 3 units. Makes me wonder if they have ever sat down, added up all the money they have pissed away on license and bonus point fees waiting for that SPECIAL tag. Instead they should get drawn for a tag that requires half the points and hire a good guide with the money they saved. Lots of 360" and bigger bulls get killed outside of those 3 units.

How many people understand the ramifications of Sheep draws having 20% OF TOTAL TAGS being allocated to those with max points, and NOT 20% of EACH HUNTS TAGS??? It is a fact that, because of this, a very few very lucky non-residents that do NOT have max points draw sheep tags every year isn't it?

i know 3 people that drew sheep tags 2 of them had 24bs and n as first choice and the other had 42 i believe, not sure of 2nd choices

I should have an edge over non-residents, I don't care how may points....it's just not right.

G&F....all about $$$

You do. You just aren't smart enough to figure it out.

• Like 2

Just checked my CC activity. Two $13 charges in June.....and nothing but silence after that. It's like a broken record: ".......well, there's always next year".

Nobody I know has a CC charge for sheep. Got one friend who is close to max pts. who applied on paper. He's my only hope. LOL

Congrats to all who drew.

Just as ruthunter got a tag in a unit. We all have a better chance than non-residients. You want the play in the "Best" quality units so be it but complaining benefits no onw. I think the key is perspective to where one applies. Also, just like elk, there are large bulls all over this state and an application that only wants unit 9 or 10 for archery/early rifle may only get one or two tags in a life time based on simiple draw odds and numbers of people. We have limited resources and limited tags (Thank God) to allow for a chance at a trophy.

None the less, I appreciate the system we do have because we all have a chance to draw and the more bonus points the better the chance. That is what makes it fun! As for my situation. I hope it is my wife with 8 points drew and not me with 18 because that would mean she won the lottery by being LUCKY. I realize either out come is less than max points.

I appreciate Game and Fish for giving us the chance to draw a Strip Mule Deer the same year as Antelope with Archery Bull. Although not likely, we can and a few have.

• Like 2

I have heard of people that have drawn 2 sheep tags ! Buying the bonus point for the sole purpose of accumulating them is not benificial. It took me 14 years to draw my first early rifle bull tag. I then drew it again 2 years later with 4 bonus pts. My Brother Drew a late Kaibab tag last year with 7 pts and again this year with 2 pts. Unless you know that you cant go hunting, apply every year. You never know. By the way, you can draw more than 1 sheep tag if you dont fill the first one.

Actually Muley224, you can draw a second tag even if you fill the first one, because we have two species of sheep. You are allowed both a desert ram and a rocky mountain ram. I am hoping to pull a rocky tag before I get too old to do it justice, but not holding my breath.

Guess I should have been more clear, sorry.

There is one other possibility.......

Sheep tags could increase by one or two when populations go up. :unsure:

Rockies have been trapped in Morenci and relocated in unit 1/27 boundary for a few years.

Despite some of those sheep dying in the Wallow fire, someday, they will have a huntable population.

Some of you G&F bashers should think of a positive thing or two they do for our big game.

Anybody know who drew unit 28 or 31/32?

I only have 10 points for sheep but will always put in simply for the chance to draw.

Needless to say I dont get to worked up when results come out.

Congrats to those who drew!

Jeff