Sign in to follow this  
naturegirl

Yellow ferret in the woods?

I think it need to be captured and eaten to be sure of its origin.

• Like 1

Swivelhead Quote "Saw an Ermine/weasel riding up the ski lift at Sunrise...."

Imagine the attendants look when that weasel bought a lift pass.

Thx for the English lesson. lol

I have never seen one, but apparently AZ does have weasels, and AGFD website shows their range up in/near 6a.

Their descriptions doesn't sound the same, but could just be color variation. Likely this is what you saw. Google Arizona weasel and click on images to see pics. Some are very yellow.

http://www.azgfd.gov/h_f/game_weasel.shtml

I've tried at great length finding an image of what I saw online, but can't find one anywhere. I'm guessing it must be a color variation. My husband is supposed to go up next week to check cameras. I'm sure hoping I get a picture :)

I'll post if I do.

And just because the habitat "maps" don't show a critters range in a particular area and a trapper has not seen one does not mean that said critter cannot be there. Critters in the wild don't follow maps.

• Like 1

Can't wait to see what your camera shows. Such a mystery!

I'm so sad. First of all, my dumb butt put the camera in the bear box upside down so all there are is white pictures. It was my first time setting them up alone :wacko:

The rest is even more upsetting to me so for now I'll just say the camera was pulled and there will be no footage for now or possibly ever of the yellow weasel.

Not what I wanted or expected to say the least, but that's all I can say for now.

Did I say how disappointed I am?

I've been known to have that kind of luck too. Hopefully you'll have another opportunity to catch this little guy/gal. I've really been looking forward to the results of this mystery.

There is a little more to this story that I will share after archery season. I haven't given up, but for now due to circumstances beyond my control it's on hold. Still disappointed, but I've now had time to sit on it and talk to others who are more knowledgeable than me, which helped.

Plus I am lucky just to have seen it, but I really want a picture :)

They're weasels. Lots of em in Az. Had one lookin in the window at the Rancho Neglecto a couple years ago. You see em around big lake and crescent a lot if you're lookin. They kill the heck outta chipmunks. I've seen em all over the rim country in eastern Az. Lark

• Like 1

They're weasels. Lots of em in Az. Had one lookin in the window at the Rancho Neglecto a couple years ago. You see em around big lake and crescent a lot if you're lookin. They kill the heck outta chipmunks. I've seen em all over the rim country in eastern Az. Lark

Do these run around in the southern units too? This past August a buddy and I were heading back from a scouting trip. We were on Arivaca highway when something ran out in front of the truck and then disappeared into the tall grass. It had a long body, short legs and long tail. It didn't really have the color of that marten in the pic that ruffcountry posted. What we seen was a lot darker...

what I found with quick search

The jaguarundi is between 53 and 77 cm in length and has particularly short legs with a long body and tail; they’re kind of weasel-shaped with an otter-like tail. This picture really shows off their length, albeit a little blurred​

post-704-0-12703400-1449559065_thumb.jpg

• Like 1