Sign in to follow this  
cuttem

Broadheads

I prefer the Magnus Stinger broad heads 100 gr. They come in 2 or 4 blade option, and a replacement guarantee if you damage them, require little if any tuning. Through the Bowhunter Supply Store online they are affordable, which is another reason I chose to try these broadheads.

I believe the big gripe about the Montec is not the design of the blade but the metal itself. This is why they came up with an improved, more expensive version using a carbon steel. The three blade cut on contact design is one of the best out there if you can get the blades sharp. Keep in mind with the huge blade angle compared to other blades, the edge will not feel as sharp, but you can indeed make them pop hair if you spend enough time on the stone. I use the Snuffer SS which is basically the same design, just welded instead of cast and using stainless steel. The NAP Hellrazor also uses a better steel, but the same basic design of the Montec. If you know how to get the blades to their maximum sharpness I don't think you can do a lot better than these. I will keep my thoughts to mechanicals to myself, but I will wholeheartedly recommend a fixed blade head like the Montec, especially when they are shaving sharp and put in the boiler room!

I personally haven't tried them but they are the latest and greatest with a lot of the guys on Bowsite. They also have some issues with the steel, but in this case too soft from reports I've heard. Their 3 blade broadhead is the same basic design as the Montec, Snuffer SS, Hellrazor, etc except that this version is machined out of a piece of steel, which is attractive from a build criteria. Very durable head but tough to keep them sharp from what I have read but I have no direct experience.

One thing I will add is no other company beside Magnus will give you a free replacement warranty, no questions asked. VPA will try to pretend they have a replacement warranty but their's is not on the same level as Magnus. They don't care what you did with the head, if it no longer works for you they will replace it, period. There is no other company in the archery industry with that kind of service. Magnus will get my business until something way better comes along.

• Like 1

I use to shoot rage but found out they open mid flight....... Went to fixed broad heads....... Try exodus...... Awesome for me no tuning just out on and dead accurate out to 50 yards do far

The slick tricks won for me, although the phat heads are looking good to..... accuracy and penetration into the new target are the important factors.

• Like 1