KiLLAcOuEs

Gun Question

I recently purchsed a Ruger SR22 back in February for the Wife and she doesnt like it at all. She would much rather carry a larger caliber Pistol Like the Ruger LC9. My question is that I am thinking about selling it and I want to know how I go about doing this legally and what percausions do I need to take when I do sell it? That way it relieves me of all liability any info would be nice. The Pistol has only 90 rounds through it only because when I bought it Second Ammendment would only sell me a 100 and I saved 10 rounds for her protection. And if anyone is interested in it im asking 350.

post-6111-0-08935200-1406086677_thumb.jpg

post-6111-0-77909900-1406086686_thumb.jpg

post-6111-0-49897900-1406086696_thumb.jpg

post-6111-0-75128700-1406086706_thumb.jpg

Sell it to an AZ legal resident 21yo or older. AZ driver license is good

The burden of proof is on the law. If the gun you sold is used in a crime then they have to prove it was you. Some are paranoid about it but I have a time clock at work and a wife at home to tell my alibi. I've never signed a paper or gave Info to buy a used gun.

• Like 1

I've sold many with a flash of an AZ ID, and a warm fuzzy feeling on the meet. Actually last one I figured the AZ license plate was good enough. I usually stick to forums that are geared to AZ folks though.

• Like 1

I did do a no sale once. I met a guy in a parking lot and just didn't feel right. The dude had gold chains, spoke Ebonics, and had a posse with him. I politely said "no longer for sale" and drove away! Just trust your gut.

• Like 1

Yeah.. im going to try to stick to hunter forums as much as possible.

You can also write out a bill of sale with the serial and gun data on it. You and the buyer sign and date it with a witness if there is one there. Can be used as a legal document in a pinch, but it's basically for peace of mind.

• Like 1

You can have an FFL do a transfer if it really bothers you. Not required in Arizona, but you would then have it out of your name. I see transfers going from 20 to 30 dollars. Again, not required, but you get peace of mind if it bothers you.

I am sure this will open up a can of worms, but I think the law states you can't sell a handgun to anyone under the age of 21 regardless of private owner or through a dealer, long guns (shotguns/certain rifles) you have to be 18. I would be careful and verify age. People who are under the age of 21 can own handguns but the guns have to be a gift from a parent or gaurdian.

• Like 2

I went back and edited my post, could be 21, my bad. Cant get google up, either, think I fried my Internet provider.

no, you can legally buyown a hand gun if youre 18 if bought from a private party. The only reason you cant buy from a FFL is because its a federal law that you must be 21 to purchase from them. A quick google search and you can find all the answers you want.

back to the original subject, i dont do bill of sale. i dont want anyones info and i dont want them to have mine either. i know a lot of people get paranoid but thats just me. if they want a bill of sale i wont buy/sell .

• Like 1

no, you can legally buyown a hand gun if youre 18 if bought from a private party. The only reason you cant buy from a FFL is because its a federal law that you must be 21 to purchase from them. A quick google search and you can find all the answers you

back to the original subject, i dont do bill of sale. i dont want anyones info and i dont want them to have mine either. i know a lot of people get paranoid but thats just me. if they want a bill of sale i wont buy/sell .

A bill of sale is to protect the buyer if seller is committing insurance fraud. my very first rifle bought for me as a child had detectives at door a month later cuz guy had sold his collection to gun store then filed as stolen, if I had not been 9yrs old they would have taken it from us. what if you buy from a guy who has just been told his guns now belong to his ex wife?? I gurantee she is gonna file report so might wanna get that signature. or if wife gets mad at hub and sells his guns etc etc..

Every bill of sale I've done was strictly the gun info. No addresses, d.o.b.'s or personal information. Just signatures and printed name.