Sign in to follow this  

Old Crow Medicine Show is coming to Mesa Arts Center, Ikeda Theater on September 14th. Tickets are on Pre-Sale today starting at 10:00 AM. Should be able to get pre-sale password from the OCMS Facebook page or from Mesa Arts Center if you have gotten tix from them before. PM if you can't get the code and I'll share.

I still owe Desertbull a cold one for letting us know last time!

Adicted, they play string band music. Fiddle, banjo, stand up bass, dobro, guitjo, mandolin, and of course guitar. Their style is a mix of folk, old time, bluegrass, ragtime etc but played with the energy of punk rock, fast and hard. Their songs can be a bit edgy, with current events and social issues. Their biggest hit is Wagon Wheel, which is the song Darius Rucker (Hootie) hit it big with on country radio last year.

I expect a bunch of songs from the new album. Heard a few when I saw them perform at the Opry a few weeks ago. Good stuff. Met the band and got the new album signed.

They are playing Red Rocks in Colorado too. I always wanted to see a concert there.

My wife and I have been dying to catch a show at the Red Rocks. When we heard in the spring that OCMS was playing there we wanted to go bad, but we already had a trip scheduled to the midwest for the Independence Day holiday which was only a week or two before the Red Rocks show. We were treated to an addition to the tour at the Opry while we were nearby, so we grabbed tix to that only a couple of weeks before the show. That was a good substitute for missing out on the Red Rocks show, but we WILL go there one day!

DesertBull, hit me up if you're going again, I'll buy you that cold one!