Sign in to follow this  
zukicrazy

13A RIFLE TAG

Quick? You have 4 months until your hunt. Get up there and scout and find a buck. That's your best bet. Because anyone that knows the strip well most likely isn't gonna wanna tell you where to find their deer.

You put in for a unit that you have never been to? Try buying some maps, go for a drive in the unit, go onto the Game & Fish website, hire a licensed guide. Most guys that put in for this unit have spent countless day in there and aren't going to give up their honey holes.

• Like 1

i would start looking at guides

you have a great hunt and sounds like no time to scout

good luck with your hunt

You don't need a guide. I did it all by myself, scouted for 10 day and hunted for 5 before connecting on a 208 buck. Didn't have any help from anyone for either the scout or hunt and i never huntered the unit. If you know what you are doing and are mentally tough it is doable! Maps!!!!!!! Google earth. Go up there during the archery hunt. You could hang a bunch of cameras but i didnt use one. Just went old school mano y mano. Oh, bring lots of gas!!!!!

• Like 2

pics of the 208 mulie. thats a toad

+1!

Sometimes guys get on here and ask for help and get plenty and other time people are smart aces about it. Good luck on a hunt of a lifetime. I'd help if I could.

• Like 4

Congrats on a great tag. I don't know 13 but hopefully someone will help you out.

• Like 1