Sign in to follow this  
Bugler

El Nino effect

I was blessed with a 12A w early tag this year. Very surprised at drawing the tag with my brother and a good friend.

I have hunted this unit early on archery hunts, early rifle hunts, and been on one of the late hunts. The only hunt i was ever on that seemed to have any weather was the late hunt and it snowed a few days before the hunt. It was an excellent hunt. Ive killed deer in the unit but nothing i would hang on the wall. The late hunt i was on was with a buddy that wanted my help.

Any of you guys that have hunted it consistently i have this question. If the El nino is strong this year as expected does it affect deer movements .

I've been on a couple early hunts that it's snowed quite a bit on. And quite a few that it hasn't, it just all depends on the forecast when it gets closer to the dates, just gotta be prepared for either or.

I am a meteorologist, and I can confirm that at the present time, it does not appear El Nino is going to happen this fall. As a matter of fact, it has already peaked and is currently not occurring at all. So I would not count on El Nino conditions this year.