CSNeoM4A1

Which caliber of tikka t3 lite for me?

270 or 7mag......depending on your sensitivity to recoil.

Is the 7mm mag something I am going to need to out a brake on? I am not too keen on having a brake on a hunting rifle. The largest recoiling caliber I have shot is only 30'06 and don't want to get anything too much more than that, especially in such low weight rifle.

Is the 7mm mag something I am going to need to out a brake on? I am not too keen on having a brake on a hunting rifle. The largest recoiling caliber I have shot is only 30'06 and don't want to get anything too much more than that, especially in such low weight rifle.

When it comes to cartridges that produce 15#'s or more recoil, most people will shoot a braked rifle better. A lightweight rifle like the T3 is going to have a little more push than most. I've got a 7 mag with a brake, recoil is nil (not a T3).

I shoot a Superlite in 7 mag and recoil isn't bad at all. I put on a Limbsaver and enjoy shooting it. After 20+ rounds during load development my shoulder was a little sore but I don't plan on shooting at an animal that many times. Plus.....recoil has a tendancy to disappear when there is an animal in the crosshairs.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2709316#Post2709316

300 WSM in Mesa. Not sure if the link will work, but it's on classifieds on Predator Masters. I'm know he will cut a deal for local pick up as I asked. If you're interested I have his number as well.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2709316#Post2709316

300 WSM in Mesa. Not sure if the link will work, but it's on classifieds on Predator Masters. I'm know he will cut a deal for local pick up as I asked. If you're interested I have his number as well.

Link didn't work. What is he asking for it and where was he located?

Haven't read ALL the responses yet, but I'd say either .270 WSM or .300 WSM. Given that you want a shorter, lighter rifle, between those 2 I'd suggest .270 WSM. (Shout out to Couestracker).

IMO, the .270 WSM shoots great out of lighter rifles. Low recoil, magnum velocity, huge range of bullets if you reload. I like this round second only to the .300 WSM, but for that I wouldn't suggest either an ultra-light rifle or shorter barrel.

PM sent with the info.

Just curious - does the T3 Superlight model have enough steel at the muzzle to accommodate the thread dimensions of your suppressor? If not, would you be using an adaptor for it?

As far as caliber goes: 7mm Rem Mag. Lots of choices for ammo.

I have been researching that and it appears that an adapter would be required if I wanted to use the standard 5/8x24. I believe I can get a qd mount for the supressor from yhm in 1/2x28. It appears the superlites have enough meat to thread 1/2x28.