Sign in to follow this  
jessejohnson63

I need a good timberwolf taxidermist!

I shot a timberwolf and will be getting it back from the tannery in Canada around January 2015. I have been looking at alot of mounts online and they look horrible! I am wanting a full mount and want to do it right! I live in Arizona but will ship or delivery it where ever is best. Please help!!!

post-12609-0-13933200-1406959324_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Take a look at Weller's Wildlife Studios. They are in Tucson and they do great work. Gavin does great lions and leopards. I bet you will be more than pleased with them.

Lee

• Like 2

Nice wolf. Many folk are clueless how big these dogs get. Sorry can't help on the taxidermy end but I do like SWtaxidermy's work in Scottsdale.

• Like 2

There is a guy in Springerville az the is from Idaho. Im sure he has experience. His last name is Whitmore.

I like and use Will from Two Windy in Show Low. Also, the sponsors on here have posted some amazing work. I wouldn't hesitate to use any of them.

• Like 1

Take a look at Weller's Wildlife Studios. They are in Tucson and they do great work. Gavin does great lions and leopards. I bet you will be more than pleased with them.

Lee

+1

Call Jim at SW Wildlife, he is a sponsor on here and does a ton of different animals from all over the world.

I personally would ask the guys you call if they have done one before and have a really good idea or picture of what you are trying to get done. I don't think there is anything to special about a wolf vs a coyote (way bigger :P ) but If they have done one before that would be a big plus.

Awesome trophy BTW!

Guest 300ultramag.

D. Beck on here.... you should to take a hard look at his stuff before you decide. He is located in Tucson.

When I dropped off my lion he had two full wolf mounts hunting together. They were absolutely perfect.

Beau

• Like 1

Guest 300ultramag.

might as well ask what kind of truck is best. only going to get biased answers I think. jmho.

I disagree- all trucks are crap.. And as far as taxidermy work.. Good quality work is factual and can be proven. Similar to a good contractor or a good sub...

I have zero ties with D. Beck other than seeing my lion every day on the wall and laying eyes on the two above stated wolves.. The guy asked for a good taxidermist for a wolf so I suggested he look into the Mr Beck prior to making a decision.

Ps chevy is better! I hear they drive infinity miles now!