Whitetail Buck Deer

Danner Pronghorns Good or Bad?!

The Pronghorns that I had were the most comfortable boot that I've ever owned. My only issue was that they also wore out faster than any of the other boots that I've had. Worn out sole, busted stitching, etc. This was 5+ years ago now so I'm sure there has been some changes in their product at this point. I'm wearing Kenetrek's right now and they are decently comfortable and I just had to have them resoled after 3 seasons.

I have 3 pair. all different on insulation for different types of hunts. trick for long lasting is keep your feet out of the camp fire! change into something else when your back at camp.

Check out this place. http://www.hitthebreakroom.com/invite/?r=237537

It is where Danner's sells their seconds (small imperfections from the factory). I bought the following $300 boots there for $90, love them, and can't find the so called "imperfection".

http://www.amazon.com/Mens-Danner-Steel-Military-Boots/dp/B006JUY1QE.

They only do random sales every month or so and only on certain products. The next sale happens to start tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM AZ time. If you create a an account you will get an email notification when the next sell starts. You have to be quick because the good stuff sells out in minutes. If you do create an account, do me a favor and use my link. You get a $20 credit for each person you refer who buys.

Also, use promo code BREAKER10 to get an extra 10% off your purchase.

I have 400 grams because I occasionally travel to Mt and wish I had gone uninsulated for Az, although I bet the 200 gram would work for just about everything in Az but summer.

I had a pair of Danner Frontiers for 8+ years and I absolutely loved them! When I finally put them to their well deserved rest, I find out they had quit making the Frontiers. I must have tried on 2 dozen boots, including all of the various 'Pronghorn" models, trying to find one that didn't pinch my ankles or the top of my foot, it seemed like every Danner boot had the same pinch points. As a last ditch effort, I tried on the Kenetreks Mountain Extremes non-insulated, this will be my 3rd season with them and the are still the most comfortable shoe I own. Go try on as many boots as you can and wear them around the store for a while. And good luck!

Had a pair of Danner Jackels that lasted 7 years with of heavy abuse. I wore the soles flat on AZ rocky terrain. My Pronghorns are on year 4 now and good as new.

What can a consumer do when I start to see a split seam?

My Danners are not insulated. I don't like insulated boots in AZ. I do have a slightly less expensive pair of Red Head (Bass Pro) boots that are insulated, but they only come out in high country December/January hunts where there is snow.

Guess I am the other .01% but I have not had a good experience with my Danner Pronghorns. The toe separated from the sole during the first hike I took in them. Contacted Danner and they wanted me to pay shipping both ways in order for them to look at them. I ended up gorilla gluing them back together. They have help up good enough since then, but I wont be buying another pair again. Too much money to end up having to repair them after day 1.

Jeff

I have 5 pair of the original Danner pronghorns. (2 uninsulated 1-1000 gr, 2 pairs that my boys use). I think they are great for the money, I had a pair of the new ones and did not love them! I too have a pair of Frontiers that were handed down to me and love them!!! Why do they quit making all the good stuff!!!!

I have had pronghorns before. They are very lightweight and comfortable. However, if you are goign to hunt the desert units and hunt them hard, dont' expect to get more than a season or two out of them, particularly if you're going to scout and hike a lot. More expensive boots will cost you what 2 pairs of the pronghorns would cost, but will last a lot longer than twice as much.