Huge congrats!! How many trips did it take you? How much do you think the bear ended up weighing?

It took 3 trips... I am not sure how much it weighed they are so much more dense than a deer I could not really judge. By the end of the second trip I can assure you it was probably the largest bear in North America!

I can still squat and dead lift a respectable amount of weight but I wasn't about to pick that thing up like a Coues. If I had to guess I would say over 200 but probably less than 250. Sorry I can't give a better guess the way they are built is just so different than anything else. Heck the joint in their foot is as big as a Coues hip socket, and they actually have a lot of fat and muscle in places deer have skin and bones.

By the way I am sure many of you know these things but they were newly discovered by me. Sure I have read about it but taking that thing apart was not a 30 minute endeavor like a small deer. I think I used about 10 havalon blades, broke 3 trying to get into the neck since their vertebrae are so tightly put together.

• Like 1

+1 on what Amanda said, great write up and way cool doing it solo. Good job.

Great job! And for the rest of you, this is how you do a post... include story and pics! Don't just post, I got one and then don't provide story or pics... no teasing allowed.

• Like 1

That was a cool story.

I'm just hoping you are the only one that got sow in 23 cause I really want to go back next weekend.

Say yes to SUCCESS!!!!! Great job and nice shot. The rug will be awesome! Are you hooked on bears now?

Thanks for all the congrats!

Kidso, yes I am hooked!

Bears are such interesting and unique critters, they are up at the top of my list with bighorns even just to watch them. The next challenge has to be to call one in. My lion rug was a cat I called in to less than 10 yard away and it was spooky. A bear would be even spookier to see coming for the dinner bell right to you.

• Like 1

Awesome job man!!! Congrats on getting him done solo, that is unbelievable, especially on how hot it was this weekend!!!! 2 years ago I was helping a buddy pack one out and fell over under a shaded tree throwing up water from heat stroke in 100+ temps!!!! Again congrats!!!

Congrats on a great Bear! We met and talked Friday night as you were coming off the mountain. we called one in Saturday could not seal the deal.

• Like 1