Well guys I did it again. I was so impressed by the repeat accuracy and precision from my first build I thought I would do another. This time I shopped around for months looking for a NEW donor action. My local gun shop had called me and told me he had found 3 of them. I wanted all 3 but could only get 1. The reason is the actions were COMPLETELY stripped, no triggers, no trigger housings not even the safety red dot. I was able to still get the action cheap enough I could order everything I needed from savage and other places. So I did. Here she is so far.

Parts on gun:

6.5 creedmoor Shilen Stainless steel select match 26" 1:8 twist ratchet barrel

HS Precision stock-Devcon bedded

Karsten comb

Northland Shooters Supply precision lug and trued nut

Savage action model 10fcp w/factory trigger housing and firing pin

PTG Bolt body

PTG bolt head

Rifle Basix trigger

Valdada 20moa base and 30mm rings

Parts still on there way:

Sightron 6-24X50 LR FFP MOA scope (tuesday)

Glades armory tactical bolt handle (today YAH)

Tubb precision level (bubble level) (god knows when lol)

post-2094-0-37100600-1407795009_thumb.jpg

post-2094-0-90155100-1407795050_thumb.jpg

post-2094-0-91510200-1407795091_thumb.jpg

post-2094-0-56013300-1407795132_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nice work. looks heavy even minus the scope. I carried a bone stock savage axis 223 this weekend and it sucked can't imagine carrying that sucker hunting?

Its a 6.5 creedmoor. I have another rifle JUST like this one and am running H4350 @ 41.8 gn, Berger Vld 140gn, CBTO 2.190=.020 off lands, Nosler cases, CCI-BR2 primer. I can get 2815 fps with this load. I can travel up to 43.0 gn before pressure signs start but I am not a speed freak just precision.

She weighs 11 lbs (with rings) and scope is 24 oz. So we are looking at probably 12.10 lbs. My other rifle weighs in at 14.50 lbs and can still carry her. My pack can carry the guns. :)

I need to make myself put my rifle in the pack, I just like it in hand just in case, hate to bump a monster and have my rifle on my pack.

Again very nice work.

Did you two point bed the action or did you bed an 1 inch in front of the barrel nut?

I bedded the sides, front action and rear action screw, and recoil lug area.

I didn't take pictures after it set and I should have. If I take the stock back off soon I will take a picture,

I only bed up to the recoil lug everything in front of the lug I take a dremel and remove.

The devcon bedding area:

post-2094-0-79252200-1407856391_thumb.jpg

The Glades armory handle:

post-2094-0-90961600-1407856420_thumb.jpg

I ordered it friday and it was here monday. The Glades armory is first class mail. Know this I had to do a little bit of filing to the key hole on the handle to make it fit with my needle files. Key hole was just a little small and had burrs. Not PERFECT quality but still nice. Even my factory bolt handle is tight. I believe it is my PTG bolt body it is oversized but should have still fit fine. A little finesse and it will work.

Thread pitch on the bolt handle is 5/16x24 so any aftermarket knob will work on this.

Looks great nice rig!Hey clay if don't mind me asking, why another creedmoor ? Do u have two sets of bushing dies separate or just adjust everytime? I've thought about a 260 Remington for a while now but at the same time 7mm08 doesn't look half bad for barrel life.