greatoutdoors

youth hunt in baghdad

hello everyone my son drew a youth deer hunt in 18b in late nov and his mom seriously thinks were going to iraq to deer hunt anyways will definetely be doing some scouting mostly me as my son is playing freshman football but looking for a starting point should i scout low south of baghdad or north part of the unit any suggestions will be greatly appreciated thank you and happy hunting

I don't know that area at all, but you might get in touch with the folks with the MDF who are running the Junior Hunt Camp during that hunt. Here are some details from the AZ G&F site.

MDF Unit 18B Junior Deer Hunter’s Camp

WhenNov 20 – 23, 2014
Where: Wikieup, AZ, United States (map)
Description: Free camp to assist with basics of deer hunting in the area, other outdoor activities, and more
Hosted by: Arizona Mule Deer Foundation Kingman Chapter
Information: John Beauchamp, jhn_beauchamp@yahoo.com
Good luck!
S.
:)
  • Like 2

Bozarth Mesa, Goodwin Mesa. Especially around the edges. But if all else fails Goodwin Mesa. If you can figure out how to get around the private property, north of Goodwin is really good!

• Like 1

a few years ago my son had this tag and he killed a 2 point. we were in the bozarth mesa area. he drew it again this year, it seems like a pretty good area for deer. he didn't happen to draw a pig tag that is at the same time did he?

• Like 1

no pig tag for my son i put him in for the draw the last hr of the deadline with high school football and the comitment it requires we just werent sure but so happy he got drawn will be doing some scouting around bagdad and up by bozarth shld be exciting thank you for your input lefty and good luck to your son there aint many tags so maybe will see you out there

Good luck on your hunt! I put my daughter in for the 18B youth deer hunt as her first choice at her request. Unfortunately, she got her second choice and was bummed! I had to remind her that she's still deer hunting, which is more than I'm doing this year. I spend quite a bit of time over there in December/January doing the archery deer/javelina hunt and she usually goes with me. We've seen some big bucks in there, which is why she wanted that deer tag badly! She did get the youth javelina tag, though. The areas mentioned above should be good! Only advice is be careful if you get near the boundary to the Baca. They get really protective of their area and I've heard stories of less than pleasant encounters with hunters who were legally hunting on public land outside their area.

• Like 1

thanks IA born love to hear that about the big boys in there shld be fun my son has been coming home from football practice and thats all i want to talk about hes interested for awhile then says i got homework to do dad lol i know hes excited he just thinks its still far away till late nov good luck to your daughter

thanks IA born love to hear that about the big boys in there shld be fun my son has been coming home from football practice and thats all i want to talk about hes interested for awhile then says i got homework to do dad lol i know hes excited he just thinks its still far away till late nov good luck to your daughter

I'll be honest...I love that he's excited about homework! That show's his true character to me!