greatoutdoors

youth hunt in baghdad

ya my son has a pig tag too. that same year he shot his deer he shot a pig too it was awesome.there was a nice buck with the 2 point he shot but my son didn't have the patience to wait for him to come out from behind a tree. we will be in a brown dodge,see you up there and good luck

I personally wouldn't worry too much around the baca and the jjj ranch. Hunt as close as you can. Both ranches are very well posted especially the float. The jjj has some land posted that is questionable.. If it is call the wm for the unit and let him know exactly the spot in question. I did this a few years ago guiding an antelope hunt. I got approached by chads guys and they were all pissed that I was in there but a quick call to the wm and a very short convo with the guys we continued on our way legally hunting an area that I wanted to hunt. Killed a great buck too. Remember in the state of az the burden falls on the landowner to post his land PROPERLY and on land that is legal to post! Good luck to your son!

• Like 1

34% hunt success last year. A great time of year to be out hunting especailly since football commitment will be done. my buddies and i harvested a lot of bucks out that unit in the past. one year 9 out of 11 of us bagged a buck. get that .243 sighted in and a little practice will bring up the confidence of a young hunter. i have seen years where the quail hunting is quite good in that unit. you do a combo scout, shoot some quail, rabbit duck and learn the unit prior to the hunt. Enjoy.

This can be a great hunt, but sure not bucks under every tree!

Thus the 34% hunt success in 2013. That means two out of three kids will take a tag home unfilled!

Here is a 8 X 7 buck that Allison Kilroy from Maryland who we assisted last year, got on her first day in the field.post-11017-0-69451700-1409121741_thumb.jpg

I think we ruined her though and I told her dad that too.. This is her first deer, so what is going to happen in the future when she sees a nice 20 inch 4 X 4? She will want to pass and she shouldn't.

She also had a javelina tag and got a big boar too! (her third with AWO) post-11017-0-67341400-1409122158_thumb.jpg

My advice is to glass, glass, and then glass some more.

And listen, if this is your kid's first deer hunt, let them shoot at the first buck they see!

It is about the experience after all.

Good luck out there! If you don't know the unit and want some help, give us a call! We really enjoy juniors' hunts and they are the cheapest hunts we offer.

Don Martin

Owner

Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

hey don i got your flyer in the mail and although we won't be needing a guide, you really have this hunt at a good price for the juniors and it sounds like you guys really know 18b !