MULEPACKHUNTER

Monday Check in

On 12/14/2021 at 6:52 AM, HuntHarder said:

Dick skin lean! Lol. Havnt heard that yet.  Haha.  I've been "bulking" we'll call it.  I just hit 194lbs.  I think that's as heavy as I wanna go, so started 3 weeks ago pumping up cardio and cutting carbs.  I should be 180ish by January but not dick skin lean.  

194?  Shoot, I’ll have to make your fat arse get out of the boat instead of the Wookie when we get beached at the ferry next time..if you ever decide to go fishing again!

So maybe some of you fitness gurus can help me out, as I’m stuck.  Dropped about 12# from Oct-Nov, from 186.  Been stuck at the 174ish for a month already.  I only eat twice a day, light lunch then whatever the wife makes for dinner.  Alternating light weightlifting with jogging every other day.  I need to drop to 160-165.

What foods should I be avoiding?  Fasting, if so for how long?

1 hour ago, NOTAGS said:

194?  Shoot, I’ll have to make your fat arse get out of the boat instead of the Wookie when we get beached at the ferry next time..if you ever decide to go fishing again!

No need to fret, I am on my way to getting back to my prime fishing weight of 180-185ish.  

27 minutes ago, mattys281 said:

So maybe some of you fitness gurus can help me out, as I’m stuck.  Dropped about 12# from Oct-Nov, from 186.  Been stuck at the 174ish for a month already.  I only eat twice a day, light lunch then whatever the wife makes for dinner.  Alternating light weightlifting with jogging every other day.  I need to drop to 160-165.

What foods should I be avoiding?  Fasting, if so for how long?

theres only 2 ways to lose weight, decrease calories or increasing activity. but it does get harder as you go.  when i get to that point, i usually do a refeed, which is like a reset kinda. If im in a 500 calorie defecit i eat 500 cals of dry carbs like oatmeal on top of my other meals so that im not in a deficit for the day. then go back to a deficit. and refeed again in a week or 2 depending how you feel. maybe youre holding water and poop. maybe youre not eating as little as you think you are. 

we used to call it a whoosh, cuz a lot of times youll stall at one weight then one day whoosh, 3lbs lighter. 

• Like 2

I just started this week to getting back into it. It’s been rough week but I’m counting calories making that calorie deficit. I’m staying about 1700-1800 per day for my fat A. 

• Like 1

185.8 lbs this am on the same scale at the gym.  Crazy how fast a guy can lose weight if you put in some effort and make small changes to your diet.  

6 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

185.8 lbs this am on the same scale at the gym.  Crazy how fast a guy can lose weight if you put in some effort and make small changes to your diet.  

Yeah. It’s usually just mostly water anyway. People will say they gained 5lbs. Like no, you’re holding a gallon of water not 5lbs fat. 

3 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

No need to fret, I am on my way to getting back to my prime fishing weight of 180-185ish.  

but, will you go fishing?   I got told "no" more by you the last couple years than all the hot chicks in high school when I asked them out

31 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Yeah. It’s usually just mostly water anyway. People will say they gained 5lbs. Like no, you’re holding a gallon of water not 5lbs fat. 

or beer

Yeah Capt., I will be in this year.  So much crap over the last 5 years that I do not even know which side to put my handle on my reel anymore.  I will just look at Mark's and do opposite. lol.  I can assure you that the North Dakota deer trip added atleast 5lbs of beer weight.  I need to mix in more Fireball so I puke up all the beer.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Yeah Capt., I will be in this year.  So much crap over the last 5 years that I do not even know which side to put my handle on my reel anymore.  I will just look at Mark's and do opposite. lol.  I can assure you that the North Dakota deer trip added atleast 5lbs of beer weight.  I need to mix in more Fireball so I puke up all the beer.  

gotta be honest with ya ,you lost your seat on the starters bench.   Had to go to the Gougans for backup lineup ......I’ll let ya know  how it shakes out.  Your advantage is all the Gougans cry about anchor duty, you see it as a lat workout.  You done learning to climb, etc.?  

Arnold Classic is in 9 weeks. i started my cut yesterday to pretend im peaking for it, but instead go to rocky point for spring break and see if i can get any hot college age girls. ded fkn srs. ill probably have an emaciated otter/twink body by then 

yesterday woke up walked/jogged 2 miles, fasted all day then ate cream of rice

leg press 15 reps, leg curls 5 sets 15-20 reps, leg extensions 5 sets 12-15 reps. 

about to go on my walk/jog again now. 

I started doing cardio every day instead of every other and broke my plateau, 170.2# on the scale this morning right after a 5 mile jog.  Gettin there….

• Like 2

Das it mane. Make sure you drink a lot of water too. I tried to average 10k steps a day in 2021, ended up at 9509 steps a day according to my phone. Considering it’s not always with me I must of been over 10k a day. 

Was in a deficit monday, then I binged on entire loaf of sourdough bread that I made into French toast last night.  RIP cut 

Got bored today and decided I am going to see if I can lean out over the next 2 months.  Took some measurements today unflexed and am going to see how I pan out Mar. 1.

Forearm: 12.25"

Bicep: 15.50

Calf: 15"

Thigh 5" above top of knee: 22"

Belly button: 37"

Nipple: 40.5

5'10, 190lbs this am.  Looking at those measurements, calves gotta grow a little, belly button gotta shrink atleast 2", 

• Like 1

That’s probably a much better way to measure progress than just counting pounds.  I’m sure I gained some muscle, but really haven’t done anything to measure but look at the scale.