MULEPACKHUNTER

Monday Check in

5 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

225 on front squats is solid!  I am thinking about switching to legs twice a week.  I've never tried it but I am thinking I might like it.  Might suck to have sore legs 6 days a week tho, but idk. 

I do legs, chest, back, legs, shoulders, back, repeat 

29 minutes ago, MuggyMan said:

OK, decided to do a refeed. Lie! The truth is had a total dietary meltdown over weekend. Up 1.8 pounds this week.

I'm back on track - egg whites and chicken breasts today. Off to gym now

That’s just water and poop, you’ll be back to normal or lower in a day or 2. 

It’s pretty hardcore doing legs 2 times a week hard. But it feels good once you get it done. I tried to do push pull legs for like 6 weeks but idk I have to hit shoulders and chest on different days or it feels like I didn’t do either of them good enough. 

8 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

It’s pretty hardcore doing legs 2 times a week hard. But it feels good once you get it done. I tried to do push pull legs for like 6 weeks but idk I have to hit shoulders and chest on different days or it feels like I didn’t do either of them good enough. 

I usually squat and front squat to start leg day.  Do you do the same workout both days or try and concentrate on muscle groups each day?  

19 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

I usually squat and front squat to start leg day.  Do you do the same workout both days or try and concentrate on muscle groups each day?  

I usually do just about the same workouts 

I do

1. Laying or seated Leg curls first (John meadows said it’s better that way, look it up) 

2. Either front squats, leg press, or hacks

3. leg extensions 

4. Laying leg curls or seated leg curls or the hack squat machine that you like kinda sit on. 

3 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

I usually do just about the same workouts 

I do

1. Laying or seated Leg curls first (John meadows said it’s better that way, look it up) 

2. Either front squats, leg press, or hacks

3. leg extensions 

4. Laying leg curls or seated leg curls or the hack squat machine that you like kinda sit on. 

Big fan of starting off with hamstrings (leg curls). Definitely helps get the knees going. I follow that up with leg press then do either smith machine squats or hacks. 

• Like 1

I totally changed up my leg day on Tuesday. I'm fat and have knee and back issues so always looking for ways to make gains without stressing the joints.

I did

1. directional lunges with kettlebells (front, side, back - both sides) 10 sets

2. superset calf raises and air squats - 25 reps x 4 sets

3. hyperextensions and reverse hypers - 10 x 4

4. finisher -stairmaster 5 minutes at highest level I can maintain, then increase a level every minute until i gas out. I stand up straight and no hands on rails so using legs

• Like 1

Love watching guys with locked out arms on stairmaster.  They are doing 80 steps a minute but getting the workout of 30 a min. 

Sidenote... 1 scoop of Woke AF is enough. Whole body tingling right now.

Long day on the stairmaster today. 3800 steps, 235 floors. No hands. Mostly

• Like 1

Down another 2.4 pounds this week.

25 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

That’s hardcore bro

, Yeah my legs were complaining.. I wasn't setting any speed records lol. Doing one long day a week looking to increase distance every week. Want to build up to a vertical mile - 488 floors. Might need to break that up into several sessions.

I made flan, tres leches cake, pork in the crockpot with root beer. Hit 350g carbs or more everyday last week and I lost a pound fml. Hitting legs tonight after I watch jay cutler vids eat oatmeal 

8E7C8707-0561-445E-99E7-0AACA7A1EC7A.jpeg

C315A840-933D-4161-A7EB-3F606479CA01.jpeg

44537269-E8E7-4003-A67C-99708CF0E989.jpeg

C1BE0369-5077-4AB3-8BEF-F2C310821FF2.jpeg

15 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

I made flan, tres leches cake, pork in the crockpot with root beer. Hit 350g carbs or more everyday last week and I lost a pound fml. Hitting legs tonight after I watch jay cutler vids eat oatmeal 

8E7C8707-0561-445E-99E7-0AACA7A1EC7A.jpeg

C315A840-933D-4161-A7EB-3F606479CA01.jpeg

44537269-E8E7-4003-A67C-99708CF0E989.jpeg

C1BE0369-5077-4AB3-8BEF-F2C310821FF2.jpeg

So you upped carbs and lost weight? I thought you were bulking? Did you keep everything else the same?