MULEPACKHUNTER

Monday Check in

I will have to make up for those empty calories by more exercise or cutting out other food.

Time to bust out the Insanity DVD

That's what I am thinking!!

And for me....I am not interested in getting ripped I just want to lose the extra lbs.....I always like to hear what other people eat that works.....Cole and I live off chicken during wrestling season and I have gotten to where I grill up a batch every Sunday so I have something good to snack on.....which I was a better fan of fish I hear it is really good too....

Non-typical.... hard to beat some good sockeye ... That is what is for lunch today for me along with a spinach salad and half an avocado .... easy to make a good baked salmon too

I didnt weigh in this morning but last week I changed up from jogging 3 times a week to running 40 yd sprints. Whoo was I sore for a few days, what a difference from jogging to sprinting is.

Every Sunday I cook a package of chicken breasts for lunch for the week with avocado and a tortilla. If I could cut out my carbs I think I would be good to go but its too hard to.

• Like 1

Mark,

Thanks for the reply. I'll work on limiting dinner foods first and we'll see how it goes. I have eaten terribly unhealthy my entire life but in the last 10 years my metabolism has slowed continuing my current diet is pushing the weight up and up.

Aside from the dietary formula you follow do you do excersize?

Not eating breads, pastas, and pepsi is bad enough, do I gotta excersize too?

I am typing this while I eat a quick lunch of a spicy chicken cup a soup and drinking a can of pepsi at my desk!

• Like 1

So how did we do last week? I am going to try to keep a tally on who doesnt report so we can rip them!!!!! Just kidding.

My week was not so stellar as the week before.

Monday off just did chores

Tuesday Hit Lake for 45 minute swim then 30 minute trail run (jumped Javi heard)

Wed Did push up pull up plank sesion 3 sets then watched movie on the exercise ball for core workout

Thursday Ran 3 miler

Friday off

Saturday 3 miler

Sunday chores and roundpen mules trimmed feet

Monday "will do 3 miler with pushup pullup plank"

Tomorrow headed for Lake

I try to make food in advance, like grilling 6 chicken breasts then saving them for a few days. but I always ending up grubbing 4.5 of them the same day I cook them.

Food list

Monday -2 cups coffee with creamer- 2 eggs 1 cup refried beans 1 corn tortilla- 1 yogurt, 1 naked juice small- 1 can progresso chicken noodle soup- 2 cheeses sticks- 2 bottles water- dinner was muscle milk wey protien shake

Tues - coffee - 2 waters - 1 yogurt - 1 naked juice - 1 peanutbutter and jelly sandwich - 1 bananna - 3 handfulls sunflower seeds - dinner protien shake again

Wed - homemade chicken breast sandwich - 2 eggs 1 cheese stick in homemade flour tortilla - 1 naked - 1 granola bar - 2 waters - house salad for dinner (wine)

Thurs - granola bar - coffeee - waters - progresso soup - yogurt - chicken salad dinner - 2 naked juices

Fri - 2 egg burrito from home - coffee - waters x 2 - leftover salad - peanutbutter sandwich - steak, grilled zuccini, grilled corn cob, shrimp scewers dinner (wine)

Sat - chips and salsa 2 eggs w/beans and corn tortilla - waters - coffee - watermelon - grilled salmon , corn cobs grilled, ceasor salad,

Sun - coffee - orange juice - 2 eggs - toast x 2 - suasage 2 patties - avacado slices- watermelon - steak, corn cobs, salad dinner (whiskey and popcorn later)

I know I mis spelled I was in a hurry, keep in mind my wife and I concentrate hard on not overeating so portions are not americanized, we share steaks and use small plates and talk eachother off the ledge when the pile starts to get too large on the plate. LOL

Non-typical.... hard to beat some good sockeye ... That is what is for lunch today for me along with a spinach salad and half an avocado .... easy to make a good baked salmon too

I think I could live on Salmon, spinach and avocado....all my favorites! Safeway now carries frozen alaskan sockeye salmon which I always have on hand in our freezer for quick dinner and safeway also carries Demings canned sockeye salmon that I use to make a salmon pasta salad with lots of veggies in it -- I make it in advance and take it camping with us. I use Brianna's Poppyseed dressing for that salmon pasta salad and it's wonderful! I think you could make salmon burgers with the canned salmon but haven't done it yet. It has bones in the can, but they are soft and easy to eat.

• Like 1

I know I mis spelled I was in a hurry, keep in mind my wife and I concentrate hard on not overeating so portions are not americanized, we share steaks and use small plates and talk eachother off the ledge when the pile starts to get too large on the plate. LOL

LOL! Loved that! My husband and I should have talked each out of extra steak last night! At least it was lean sirloin and not my favorite fat laden ribeye!!

• Like 1

Aside from the dietary formula you follow do you do excersize?

Not eating breads, pastas, and pepsi is bad enough, do I gotta excersize too?

I am typing this while I eat a quick lunch of a spicy chicken cup a soup and drinking a can of pepsi at my desk!

1. Yes I do - 6 days a week at 5:30am

2. It certainly helps and after the initial shock/soreness it makes you feel great

3. Lunch of Champions!!

9 sets pushups, 9 sets crunches, went on two short hikes and 2 bike rides. Tipped the scales yesterday morning at 225.5#

• Like 1

Ok last week I did 4 runs for a total of ten miles, the last one finally felt good and had a decent pace (8:45). I was successful at reducing my pop in take again. I also found a morning breakfast routine that keeps me from getting hungry mid-morning. Weighed in at 216 but that was after downing a bunch of water for my run.

Hoping for more progress this week.

• Like 1

Overslept this morning - late to my workout - Monday...

Lost 10 minutes but it still kicked my butt.

I'm 204.4 on the scale this morning. Down another pound and officially 40lbs down and officially half way to the goal.

Funny how some weeks you workout like a champ and eat well - lose nothing. The next week you lose 3. The next you're up 2. and then down 1. And then all of a sudden you feel different your clothes magically get loose in one single day and you've lost 5. And that's 5 that doesn't come back. That's an official new low spot on the scale. Odd but true.

It's been a roller coaster - but it's going tin the right direction. My midsection is down 6 inches since December 1 of 2013.

Until next week...

• Like 1

Lost one pound this week.....working on increasing veggies and decreasing pasta....I also have been enjoying experimenting with a variety of types of Chia seed pudding....great stuff and my husband even likes it! and it does make a very filling and healthy bfast, desert or snack! Thanks Str8shot for that suggestion in the healthy recipe thread! For exercise I haven't really increased what I have been doing, it's still fieldwork season for me, so lots of long hikes in the hills plus shorter walks daily with my husband and dogs. After fieldseason ends I will be doing more hill work with a pack on for my upcoming Oct Coues hunt.

At least this time of year is great to be out in the desert....here is one of the places we hiked last week.

post-1-0-82018700-1408978450_thumb.jpg

• Like 1