MULEPACKHUNTER

Monday Check in

Did not reach my weight goal prior to the hunt .... and been plateaued in the 240 -245 range the last month .... The hunt came and just being down that 70 lbs made hitting the hills 3 - 5 miles a day so much easier ... The steep stuff was no problem and even had my 16 year old son telling me I worked up the steep stuff too fast asking me to slow down, of course this would not have been the case a year ago... The hunt did drop me below that plateau as I lost 7 lbs over a week of hard hunting ... Passed up many small bucks in the process and just could not get on any of the quality bucks we had seen weeks prior ...My son did well not complaining once and often optimistic about pushing further , No Buck on his first hunt but he was happy with it knowing he let that fork and spikes hopefully make it to another season... By next season the plan is to push further and pack heavier including bags and Bivys!

• Like 2

ugh that guy is a quack. he claims he can cure anything. ironically his skating career was cut short due to his food choices. but im glad youre losing weight. eat less calories, exercise more is all we need to do. oh and people that have stalled, only 2 options eat less or exercise more.

ugh that guy is a quack. he claims he can cure anything. ironically his skating career was cut short due to his food choices. but im glad youre losing weight. eat less calories, exercise more is all we need to do. oh and people that have stalled, only 2 options eat less or exercise more.

When I shop in the produce section and the butcher shop I make workout gains and lose weight.

When I stray to the prepackaged food aisles and trip & fall in the beer cooler I don't.

Pretty easy really. Most of the time anyway. lol

• Like 2

that's because youre not watching what youre eating in the processed food section, if you counted the calories and allowed for them in your diet youd be just fine. I can promise you with 100% certainty that 30g carbs from twinkies and 30g carbs from fruits and vegetables are the exact same thing as far as weight loss concerns go. I do have a problem with quacks like this furhman guy that was mentioned, he thinks eating a bunch of vegetables will keep you from getting cancer and he thinks you can reverse diabetes. he is a snake oil salesman. if you were deficient and now eating a bunch of what you needed so youre doing better now that's another thing. a quality multivitamin would have helped you out too. your body does NOT give you extra credit for eating a ton of fruits and veggies, it takes the micronutrients it needs and that's it. it uses macros for energy, why people eat low carb ill never know. its the most anabolic macronutrient, its more important than protein. so is fat really.

that's because youre not watching what youre eating in the processed food section, if you counted the calories and allowed for them in your diet youd be just fine. I can promise you with 100% certainty that 30g carbs from twinkies and 30g carbs from fruits and vegetables are the exact same thing as far as weight loss concerns go. I do have a problem with quacks like this furhman guy that was mentioned, he thinks eating a bunch of vegetables will keep you from getting cancer and he thinks you can reverse diabetes. he is a snake oil salesman. if you were deficient and now eating a bunch of what you needed so youre doing better now that's another thing. a quality multivitamin would have helped you out too. your body does NOT give you extra credit for eating a ton of fruits and veggies, it takes the micronutrients it needs and that's it. it uses macros for energy, why people eat low carb ill never know. its the most anabolic macronutrient, its more important than protein. so is fat really.

You are wrong on saying that simple cabs from Twinkies and Complex carbs from fruits and vegetables are the same ... You are right on the concept of macros and calories in versus out is the only real key to weight loss, but to deny the way ones body breaks downs and utilizes and stores energy in the form of fat and from what sources those calories are derived and have much to do with the type of activity levels and time of activity levels versus caloric intake.... Balanced macros from all sources is of course ideal, but to neglect the process of metabolism and how ones organs break down varied caloric intake is just as much quackery IMO... All I will say is balance balance balance and balanced macros can be achieved with a low carb ( mostly made of complex carbs ) with higher amounts of fat and lean proteins ...

I am not wrong, I said theyre the same as far as weight loss goes. I stand by my statement. what did I deny again? what was that about the types and timing of activity levels versus caloric intake, please explain

I am not wrong, I said theyre the same as far as weight loss goes. I stand by my statement. what did I deny again? what was that about the types and timing of activity levels versus caloric intake, please explain

Not going to turn this into a pissing match... if your argument is that a calorie is a calorie ( negating the reality of empty calories ) then you are correct in stating that in weight loss the calories are equal... the nurtitional benifits are not equal... The rate of cumsuption by the body is not equal.... The metabolic rate as which one is converted to energy is not equal.... as far a timing it comes down to what the body needs to maximize the output while maintaining and rebuilding any muscle during any activity level... Body uses energy constantly simple carbs covert quick and are used first .. complex carbs take longer but can give adequite energy quickly enough.... Body runs out of quick energy for the activity it goes to stored energy A.K.A Fat.... body uses stored energy up and to the point that it is repelnished with more easily converted energy ( such as that plate of Pasta.... If it runs out of Stored energy and is not being replenished it breaks down muscle .... That is why individuals with a large fat reserve can eat at a deficit and both lose Fat Weight while gaining muscle through strrength training... especially when feeding enough protein to feed the repairing of muscle... Now that does not ever mean that a person is making the same kinds of gains as in eating in surplus with more strength training , but it does allow for both fat loss and small gains while losing... heck even the digestion of the food itself has different caloric burn rates a process that is always happening as he body converts to energy and absorbs neccessary nutrients .... You ar enot going to go do months of strength training without feeding your body protein nor should you starve it of the quick energy to help fuel the process but I do not think most are using Twinkies to fuel their workout .. If you do that is awesome

Not going to turn this into a pissing match... if your argument is that a calorie is a calorie ( negating the reality of empty calories ) then you are correct in stating that in weight loss the calories are equal... the nurtitional benifits are not equal... The rate of cumsuption by the body is not equal.... The metabolic rate as which one is converted to energy is not equal.... as far a timing it comes down to what the body needs to maximize the output while maintaining and rebuilding any muscle during any activity level... Body uses energy constantly simple carbs covert quick and are used first .. complex carbs take longer but can give adequite energy quickly enough.... Body runs out of quick energy for the activity it goes to stored energy A.K.A Fat.... body uses stored energy up and to the point that it is repelnished with more easily converted energy ( such as that plate of Pasta.... If it runs out of Stored energy and is not being replenished it breaks down muscle .... That is why individuals with a large fat reserve can eat at a deficit and both lose Fat Weight while gaining muscle through strrength training... especially when feeding enough protein to feed the repairing of muscle... Now that does not ever mean that a person is making the same kinds of gains as in eating in surplus with more strength training , but it does allow for both fat loss and small gains while losing... heck even the digestion of the food itself has different caloric burn rates a process that is always happening as he body converts to energy and absorbs neccessary nutrients .... You ar enot going to go do months of strength training without feeding your body protein nor should you starve it of the quick energy to help fuel the process but I do not think most are using Twinkies to fuel their workout .. If you do that is awesome

DYEL?

Firstcousewas110..... I have not lost over 70 lbs since January doing cardio alone .... Strength training 4 days a week each followed with cardio session .... I am not back at the level when I played middle linebacker, wrestled or pole vaulted , But yes I lift

Pissing match? I like to talk about this stuff. I said 30g of carbs is the same no matter if it's twinkies or vegetables as far weight loss goes. You said I was wrong, then in a long worded way you said the same thing I did. A calorie is a calorie, right? Meal timing is irrelevant as far as weight loss goes. Btw do you crossfit, or do you powerlift/bodybuild?

Trphy at this point mainly weight training ... with some core traning and cardio as a closer ....At some point plan of looking into and finding a good crossfit program that is close .... I know I have a long way to go to reach my 185 goal .... but being 310 was no longer an option ....

No updates, Y'all didn't quit did ya? Used one of them hand held bodyfat testers at the gym. Not very accurate, said I was 9% lol. No way I'm under 12. Been eating a lot more, need to increase my activity a little

Between being gone for 7 days at work then laying tile for my folks on days off, I haven't had much time to keep up with the program. Weighed in at 215, that's 49 down. Feeling good, eating good, trying to squeeze in work-outs when I can. 17 days until my Once-In-A-Lifetime elk hunt, and I think I'm ready. Hopefully I'll have a picture to add to my Monday morning check in in a couple weeks.

• Like 1