MULEPACKHUNTER

Monday Check in

Smashed my finger Tuesday, had to get the nail removed and a few stitches. Guess that means a few days off for me..

No it just means you cant work that finger out.
lol I tried, tough to grab heavy dumbbells with it. Today was my first actual day back.

Had to take more days off than I anticipated for the flu and related fun. I know people argue the pros and cons of flu shots, but this is the first year in probably 18 years I didn't get one and got slammed with Strain A. Out of commission with that alone for over a week.

Back at it this week and building up steam quickly with the workouts. Didn't lose much ground.

Weight - no loss - no gain. I can work with that and likely drop one by week's end.

Talk to you all Monday.

Got drawn for bull elk - HUGE incentive to keep losing.

• Like 3

post-4066-0-67021700-1490680077_thumb.jpg

some of you will recognize this spot.

was a quick 12 mile ride Saturday before last. one of the most beautiful rides out there

Finally back at it...have been walking regularly for a while and now added more cardio several times a week and playing racquetball again regularly. Time to add weights back into my regimen. Haven't been weighing in, but paying attention to how I feel and how clothes fit. Definitely improvements.

Got archery bull tag too. Already have been walking 2 to 4 miles a day plus lifting weights.

Got back after it this last week - changed up a few things to keep the workouts from getting mundane. Workouts were solid effort - every time. I Used the MyFitPal to track my eating and workouts and didn't lose a single pound. Looks like getting the train going again might take another week of physical effort and some extra calorie cutting.

Being sick is a stupid setback no matter how you look at it.

No worries. I have time to get where I want to be for elk season and It's already my focus. All I need to do is cut 1 to 1.5 a week and I'm golden.

Be back here in a week...

Hey don't forget mark you are also building muscle , don't think your not getting leaner, as you add muscle and lose fat you will have no loss weeks. Your body will get used to workouts also so big switch ups in types of workouts helps a ton. Example I was working out a ton and then I played a round of golf and I was sore in all new places.

Been 2 weeks since last check in. After getting back from the cruise, worked four 12-hour shifts and another half-day, and there was a bunch of junk food at work, so that week was a wash. Back on track this week with the training and nutritional program. Lost 4 of the 5 pounds I gained on cruise (down 20 pounds net since Jan. 1). Going to gradually add more miles to my morning hikes.

• Like 1

Purposely lost my fitbit and locked myself our of MyFitnessPal - went hunting for a couple days and then a birthday weekend - both included too many calories. But I stayed on the workout schedule, walked a boatload of miles and managed to only gain JUST ONE li'l ol' pound.

Back at it this week. Ratcheted up and changed up the workouts and back to clean on the eating. I have a some long & steep hikes coming up in May (just 5 weeks away) and that Unit 23 elk tag on my mind. My cardio was good while out hunting & walking hills but I'll always take an improved set of numbers.

• Like 2

Oh - that pound...

It's gone. A couple of grilled chicken and salad days handled it. Piece of cake - Back on track.

The good: averaging 4.9 miles a day walking (up from 3.6 miles/day in March); had some good HIIT cardio workouts, and a really good day lifting.

The not-so-good: was off the nutritional program 3 days while traveling. My weight stayed the same for the week. So I feel good about physical training, and need to get better about what I eat whenever traveling.