Basser15

CrossFit

What about INSANITY....anybody try that out??

Um...This section is only about Crossfit and how awesome it is... Like..hellooo...

• Like 4

Isn't cross fit a cross between Jazzersize and Dance?

I believe you are thinking of this:

Love it - excellent overall functional fitness program. Of course, my buddies that do it religiously never shut up about it - or the mudder - or the spartan or the....

Thinking about it - what is there to bash about CF? I've been a couple times as a guest and other than being a tough workout, what is there to complain about?

These three posts should sum things up pretty well I think?

I really want to start Cross Fit, but the expense of it keeps me away:(

A couple female friends of mine do it, and I swear they spend more time taking selfies then actually working out.

Pushing weight w/o form for the sake of time

• Like 1

God dang Crossfit. Before you guys have an aneurysm, I am NOT opposed to Crossfit. The sad thing about the sport, is it was quickly overrun just as the world of personal training was. As it quickly became a fad, you had people running out realizing they could make a buck by opening a gym. One quick weekend course and no formal training and they were off to the races. Startup is a piece of cake. Rent a warehouse, no A/C needed, buy some used equipment including chains and a tire and BOOM, you have yourself a Crossfit gym where you can charge $150/month. The sad truth is that most of them are no better than a trainer at LaFitness. Is it good that it got some people off their butt, yes it is, but the risk of injury is also extremely high because you have the blind leading the blind. Kipping during a pullup? Wrong. Dropping in a squat with zero resistance and letting your arse hit your heals? Wrong. Arching your back, rounding your shoulders and bouncing the weight off your quad during a deadlift? Wrong. If you can find a GOOD gym that ACTUALLY has a staff with a clue about what they are doing, then get in there and stay put. Just know, there is a 90% chance you are NOT in that gym. One small clue to a good gym is their on-boarding program. They should have something established for newcomers that take several weeks, if not months, to build a base level of fitness. Particularly one that focuses on balance, core strength and optimizing muscle function as groups.

• Like 2

let's see how "CROSS FIT" work's when all you all yupp's are packing in altitude that is above 4500 ft. I'll take a REAL COWBOY, concrete finisher, iron worker or carpenter and see how cross fit works against them. Just my opinion :D

• Like 2

let's see how "CROSS FIT" work's when all you all yupp's are packing in altitude that is above 4500 ft. I'll take a REAL COWBOY, concrete finisher, iron worker or carpenter and see how cross fit works against them. Just my opinion :D

pffftttt...do a hard day's work, go partying till 3am, hit up taco bell, head straight to the mountain and pack one out with a empty canteen.

i just think some people are mountain goats and others are not.

I agree somewhat with jp0212. You have to watch who's teaching and how. Form is key in all exercise. Used to kill me to watch guys at the gym jerking, swinging, arching, bouncing weights off their chest, etc. The dipstick 'roided out trainers were usually the worst. Some of the form I see in Crossfit to get more reps is scary. You do what you can do with correct form. The concept of Crossfit is a good one though...had it been around in my youth when I powerlifted I would have done it instead.

cw4192 - Man... I just don't know. That's a weighty assertion. I'm not a CrossFit guy but the hunters I know who are - religious about the workouts and the Paleo lifestyle - are freaking hillside rock stars. Lean, light endurance machines. I know a few other guys that don't CrossFit but have different, but similar functional workout & eating styles and they too can pound out the miles - day after day. Task driven outdoorsmen who prepare.

The guys that drive me nuts are the guys that have one good day in them. Raring to go Friday and ready to roll over & sleep in Saturday morning. Totally unprepared for the long haul.

Uhhmmmm... before you go back to sleep, can you tell me again where you said you saw that 375? ;)