Chap2015

19a Archery Buck

" Hunting laws and ethics, rules are rules. ethics come down to hunters choice of right or wrong. there is a reason for someone able to sneak within 40 yards of a antelope, and its not from being sneaky. just remember more than one person knows the real story behind this kill. I was personally was there watching all this take place from across the way " its a popular area" someone always will see something. I did not want to post anything at first, Then I personally saw more than one fatal shot and brodhead in this buck. unfortunately the first hunter did not even get a chance to retrieve his buck, I just hope someone learns a lesson from this when someday they realize that this buck I am bragging about is not really mine. It should have been left alone for the guy who really shot it. Good luck to the other guy that should of retrieved this buck, i hope he kills an even bigger one and the rest of you, you know who you are and you know what really happened, i do cause i witnessed it, why you would want to call yourselves hunters is beyond me, disgusting to see horrible ethics in our younger generation.

Well since im the hunter i will tell you what unfolded before my eyes.. I was set up on a fence crossing behind tumbleweed. I was a quarter mile from any occupied building. Also i saw this buck run past me 100 yards up and disappear. I knew other hunters were in the area. I sat with my dad and he decided to back off due to lack of cover and move out to meet up with my dads friend. No more than 15 minutes of his departure i saw a doe coming my way towards the fence crossing i was near and behind her was a buck. The buck was trotting as i will say. No sign of having a fatal shot. The buck ran 40 yards quartering away and i made a clean shot the buck did a whirl and piled up in the fence. Its head was propped up in the fence and to my distance thought it was still alive so i put another arrow in the antelope to be safe. Further inspection of the buck we saw a arrow way high shoulder that wasnt mine but only had contact with muscle. My shot went through the vitals. After carrying the antelope out the hunter who made the bad shot on the buck came up and even said he made a poor shot and was fine with what happened. So before you jump to conclusion you should know the first hand story

you should try telling the same story to every person then bud.. or let your dad tell it. i dont need to know the story i saw it all and not from a distance. I was 200yds from you. and i could see that the antelope was nearly dead bleeding from the same shot thats in your picture, before it even got to you, all im sayin is no way would i have shot that buck there is no fair chase it was another guys kill. besides i watched you walk right up to it and shoot it. dont tell me the story your the only one trying to cover it up. i got nothing to prove to you or hide. ill tell what i saw and your story is off this time, and its different from what you told everyone that day buddy. i didnt think a shot in the muscle would penitrate ten inches with a three blade mechanical. go on and try cover your story i dont care i just dont think its right. just next time you go on a hunt try and make a fair chase and not look for somone else nearly dead animal to tag an then let your elders cover your butt.

As a witness to this hunt and a participant in the field dressing and skinning of this buck I can shed some light on the concoction "hunter ethics" has put together. The buck was rutting a doe and scent scraping bushes right before the FATAL arrow was launched. The antelope was not fatally hit and very likely would have recovered from the wound, which didn't approach anything vital. I find it disturbing that someone would disparage the accomplishments of a young hunter through blatant mischaracterizations. This petty attack is not worthy of this forum.

Being new to the hunting community, one thing that I've noticed and have enjoyed is the strong sense of support amongst hunters. Based upon these last few posts however, I'm noticing a different sentiment which is why I am compelled to post. I find it funny that a person professing to represent ethics signs in anonymously to attack a minor. Please save this forum for positive ventures. Most of us enjoy the accomplishments of others...

Awesome buck!

Congrats. I'll get some stalking tips from you if Azgf ever decides to give me a tag instead of a bonus point for those dang thing.