Sign in to follow this  
SDHNTR

How to report deer harvest?

This is so annoying! I'm a non resident so this process is foreign to me. It says in big red letters right across the front of my punched deer tag that I need to report a harvest within 10 days. OK, fine. So I go onto the DFG website and click a link to report a big game harvest. Easy enough, I think. It takes me to some survey that asks me for a User ID and Survey ID number. WTH is that? It leaves an email contact to reach out to with questions. So I do. The guy gets right back to me and says that info is on your postcard. I say I have no postcard. So the guy tells me if I have no postcard I don't have to report. I tell him back that it says I have to report within 10 days right on the tag. And how could I possibly have a postcard within 10 days of harvest if the GFD didn't even know a harvest had taken place? So now he calls me. He's as confused as I am and has no idea what I am supposed to do. So.... I'm in limbo here. I want to do this right as I have a pile of points and dont want it to cause me problems or keep me out of a draw or something in the future.

How the heck do you report a deer harvest in AZ?

SD Hunter:

Bonecollector is correct. The Department used to require archers to report their harvest. But last year, new rules were promulgated that removed that requirement. Unfortunately, we have yet to correct that on the over the counter tags. So, thank you for actually reading the tag and trying to comply, but there is no longer a requirement for archers to report. We may send you a post card at the end of the season, and we would appreciate your response to that should you receive it. In the meantime, we will get the tag printing corrected for next year.

Thank you and I apologize for the confusion!

Brian Wakeling

Game Branch Chief

• Like 2

Thanks Brian for the response. May I suggest educating your employees so that when we call with this conflicting obvious issue there is some knowledge? It would save you some man hours.

• Like 1