COOSEFAN

Freaks of the Woods

Yeah Deadeye, that thing is awesome, definitely one-of-a-kind!

Well this isn't too freaky.... but it is pretty cool.... My Boy shot this in 33 last Oct. His eyeguard must have broke and reattached while in velvet..... and he has a "bee hole" up behind that "mini drop tine".

I've think I still have a really wild Elk head my Dad found many years ago while turkey hunting.... If I find it I'll post it too.....

post-996-1171462633_thumb.jpg

post-996-1171462762_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. I'm actually extreemly lucky to still have that rack. I had a dog drag the skull off one night while it was soaking in bleech on my back porch. I searched for 2 days and finally found the dog and the rack but by then he already chewed up most of the skull but luckly he didn't touch the antlers. I wish I had more freaks to share but I haven't been to lucky when it comes to finding freaky bucks. I have some video of one or 2 bucks that are kind of cool I'll see if I can't find them. Thanks

Joe

Great topic! I too love odd horns or character and you guys have some great stuff. Here's my best. Pretty sure it's a carp but it's still a very cool shed.

post-1287-1171472374_thumb.jpg

post-1287-1171472394_thumb.jpg

Kevin that one looks like it might have been tough to find. I would have walked right past something like that thinking it was a stick or something else other than a shed. Very unique awesome find! Keep them coming guys. I got one more coming as soon as I find the video.

Joe

Kevin, that shed is awesome! I too would have walked over that one!

Thats awesome video pic's Joe! That buck is a keeper in my book, I would guess that video was from last year with that insane grass in the background! Very cool! JIM>

Thanks guys. Love this topic!

Not even going to try to pull the wool over anyone's eyes, this is an Eastern whitetail, but i think it qualifies as a freak. I actually bought this shed however. I'm a mass fanatic and thought to myself, when am i ever going to be able to FIND an Eastern shed anyways? Especially one like this. Pics don't do it justice though, it's just a pig. Weighs well over 3 lbs.

post-1287-1171489786_thumb.jpg

I shot this buck back in 2003. It is not too freaky but is a little different.

The year before in 2002 I found this buck about 800 yards down the ridge from where I shot the one above. I believe a lion kill. Looks like the same gene pool.

Hey Kevin, that shed is BADA$$! Don't feel bad about buyin' eastern sheds.............I'm guilty of it too :ph34r: I'll get some pics of ones I got.

I got video of both of the bulls below in 2002. Have some wierd growth. The Bull in top picture had some old injury to back legs.

blktails1-06030.jpgGreat stuff guys!

These dude has some funky antlers that are probably do to the fact that he has 3 legs.

blktails11-06014.jpg

Hey Hunterdan, are those skulls from 24b or 24a by any chance?

They look a lot like a buck my friend killed a few years ago. Looks like manzanita country.

Hey Mike, you always have some incredible pic's of Blacktails, how do you do it......are you just that stealthy? :P Awesome pic's guys, thanks, JIM>