COOSEFAN

Freaks of the Woods

Hey Mike, you always have some incredible pic's of Blacktails, how do you do it......are you just that stealthy? :P Awesome pic's guys, thanks, JIM>

Well truth be told...I take those pics on a Nature Preserve. A guy does have to be pretty stealthy and have a good camera with at least a 10x optical zoom.

This one wasn't so much of a freak as a 'this had to hurt'! I found it this past Sept during archery elk season. The antler was still mostly covered in velvet and was really light.

PA020355.jpg

I have a couple of pics somewhere of a couple of elk in velvet that both have the same funky antler configuration. Must be genetic because both bulls in the pic had the same configuration. I'll see if I can find it...

Hey Ron, I bet that bull wasn't watchin' where he was runnin'! He probably looked down at that, thinking it was a little early to be loosin' his headgear and thought...........OH SH**!!!!! :lol: :lol: :ph34r:

Shortpants has a big shed from last year that is exactly the same as that.......it has an unreal amount of pedicle still attached......it's amazing it doesn't kill em', I bet it knocks em' out though! JIM>

Them are cool sheds, sagebrush and AZyoung!

Hey azsagebrush, do you live in Tusyan?

This is a shed I bought....thought I was going to use it for some artsy-fartsy stuff.....cool shed though. It is from a Saskatchewan WT and the base is bigger than the diameter of a soda can!

freakant22.jpg

Freakant21.jpg

Here is another "bought" set of Montana WT sheds. The pics don't show the character well, but the beams have a wicked turn-down that is way cool and gives them a very unique shape. Regardless of character, I love the "picket-fence" style Easterns..........just hope one day I get to tag one for myself instead of buyin' em'! Thanks, JIM>

freakant23.jpg

freakantl.jpg

freakantle.jpg

Very cool sheds Jim! What does that 'picket fence' set score? That mainbeam is very unique!

Thanks, I have never scored it, but I was told it was mid 170's when I bought it.

Here is another "bought" set of Montana WT sheds. The pics don't show the character well, but the beams have a wicked turn-down that is way cool and gives them a very unique shape. Regardless of character, I love the "picket-fence" style Easterns..........just hope one day I get to tag one for myself instead of buyin' em'! Thanks, JIM>

freakant23.jpg

freakantl.jpg

freakantle.jpg

those are some cool sheds but man that SOB is UGLY!!! talk about a Freak of Nature! holy cow?! what happened to him?

(you know you left that WIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDEEEEEEEE open!)

Hey Casey........you know...I will be in Flag tomorrow..........you better watch your back.......there might be an "ugly SOB" lurking in the shadows with a big ol' can of whoopa$$ just waitin' for ya'! :lol: :lol: :angry:

Alright.......I will leave my ugly mug outta these next pic's. These aren't freaks but they are cool none the less. They are a few skulls I've got that I haven't posted on here yet...... had the camera out figured I'd share them. Thanks, JIM>

freakantl3.jpg

freakantl1.jpg

Here are two bulls that were hanging out together. Both have 'deformed' antlers, but I just realized that one is on the right side, and one on the left.

P7200152.jpg

P7200147_rs.jpg