Sign in to follow this  
mountaingoat08

Rifle bipods

I got a Harris knockoff from Bass Pro. Works great and about half the money.

I use the blackhawk 6"-9" from Walmart with the tilt feature. Half the price of a Harris and works just as good. Works perfectly when shooting from the prone position.

Harris is the way to go. i've spent money on knock offs and they seem to work good for a couple seasons before they fall apart. i have had a harris for probably 7 years now, and stillworks flawlessly

• Like 2

Harris is the way to go. i've spent money on knock offs and they seem to work good for a couple seasons before they fall apart. i have had a harris for probably 7 years now, and stillworks flawlessly

and they really arent that expensive
  • Like 1

I have a Harris, but it's a bit bulky. It's hard to fit in my Eberlestock scabbard. Last year I got a small, short, detachable bipod....I think it's a Stoney Point. It comes with a sling swivel adapter that you snap the bipod to. It's only good for prone position, but is very lightweight. It cants as well, due to the rubbery leg attachment points. So far it has worked well.

Harris is the only one worth buying. I use the 25c, and can shoot prone comfortably, and sitting although that is a little hunched over.

Has anyone noticed if their point of impact or group size changed for the worse after putting a bipod on? How about at further ranges say 5-700 yds?

Poi can change when adding a bibod vs shooting off of a bench or pack. Always a good idea to practice with whatever set up you want to use when out in the field. Putting a bipod on induces stress at a different point on the stock vs a sand bag or rest and can change where you put your cheek on the stock for comfort and the same can be said for shooting prone or kneeling. Shooting is all about consistency and why bench rest shooters go to great extents to make sure the rifle and their cheek weld is the same for each shot. So yeah adding a bipod can cause a change and it may not lots of variables come into play just have to shoot and practice to see.