Sign in to follow this  
ArizonaWildernessHunter

New Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 10.5

Hey Kenetrek fans maybe these will save you a little money. I have a pair of brand new Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 420-NI (non-insulated) 10.5 mediums for sale. Asking $400 firm or if it makes you feel better the $399.99 I paid for them :) The price was increased for this year so these will be $40-80 cheaper depending on tax and shipping from retailers.

These are a pair I never wore other than to make sure they fit. I will not be needing these this season since I have a pair of Kenetrek Hardscrabbles, 2 pairs of Lowas, and 1 pair of Scarpas. Need some money to buy a Q5 Bird Hunting Vest or WW, an Eberlestock Mainframe (may be helping on 4 different elk hunts and a few deer hunts for family and friends if I can get off, I also have an elk hunt), and a few other things for hunting.

For people who have not wore Kenetrek boots before the heel in back is a tiny bit higher than other backpacking boots and the size seems to run true (not narrow in spots like some boots). These should take about 50 miles to break in, but are going to work for 5-6 mile adventures the first day you wear them. The sole on the toe does wear a little faster if climbing a lot, but they are lighter and quieter than the Lowa, Kayland, or Scarpas that I have owned. A nice feature of Kenetrek boots is that you can get them rebuilt for $150. Think they change the sole, insole (support or unsupported your choice), and laces. Also as an FYI these did not ship with any boot wax. This was also the case with the previous pair of Kenetreks that I had as well. I would recommend getting some Kenetrek boot wax or Obenauf's LP to make the leather and stitching last as long as possible.

I would prefer to do a face to face transaction. Serious buyers are welcome as not to waste time. I live in central Arizona so I am close to a few different cities and the woods.