Sign in to follow this  
Heat

WTS/WTT Optics: Vortex Kaibab 15X56 and Pentax DCF SP 10X50

After a ton of deliberating, I've decided that I want to go a different direction with my hunting optics. Currently for sale or trade I have the following:

Vortex Kaibab 15x56 Binoculars - Bought these binos in the fall of 2010 in anticipation of my desert bighorn sheep hunt (sheep success mojo included B) ). Lightly used. No scratches on the lenses whatsoever. Coatings in great condition. I still have the original box and paperwork that's included. Covers for lenses intact, comes with tripod adapter. $850 OBO includes shipping and insurance

Pentax DCF SP 10x50 Binoculars - I've had a pair of 10x50 SP's for quite a while now. These are great optics for Arizona. Light enough to go handheld, bright and strong enough to glass off a tripod. I had a pair that got ruined on a hunt (entirely my fault) also in 2010 and Pentax replaced with a brand new set. These have only been out of the case a few times. Excellent condition. No scratches on the lenses or coatings. Includes tripod adapter. $400 OBO includes shipping and insurance

Slik PRO EZ Tripod with pan head - $75 OBO plus actual cost to ship (will include with Kaibab's for $50, won't sell alone unless Kaibabs sell first).

What I am ultimately after is a set of Vortex Razor HD 12X50 binoculars. I would consider a trade for these. Let me know if you have any ideas. All reasonable offers welcome.

Hope it works out!

I still have the Kaibabs. Not positive if they came with HD glass in 2010 but pretty sure they do. Retail price when I bought was $1200 if that helps.

Nick

Wanted to bring this back up to the top again. I've had a few nibbles but no takers yet. If anybody is interested let me know. PM's are best. FYI, Vortex warranty is lifetime, no fault, and fully transferable. Buy with confidence!