pyle762

Opening Day Muzzleloader Buck

After a short but awesome hunt, I am home with my buck. It took 10 years to draw my first antelope tag, but today was worth the wait.

I found this buck last night just before dark. I found him again this morning but lost track of him for about an hour. Then we glassed him up again from about two miles out. I got to with a half mile of him and made my stalk. Most of that half mile stalk was on my belly. After crawling 4 and a half hours to close the distance, I got to within 300 yards of him. He was with his does and rutting hard. He ran off another smaller buck, then his does started working their way up the hill toward me and he followed them. At 186 yards, I shot and he went down for the count.

IMG_135488851238885.jpeg

20140905_121801.jpg

• Like 5

Sweet Buck, congrats

Toad for sure! Let us know what he scores please. I'm guessing 86-87. 16.5 long.

Thanks and good luck on your hunt!

Sweet hunt and awesome buck! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your success with us.

One heck of a goat!! Congrats!

Congrats Brian. Gotta love the AZ for goats. Even a unit like this has a few hidden bruisers. I saw this buck two years ago, but he never hopped the fence to public property during my hunt, He will make a nice addition to your wall mounts. Great job on your hunt.

Mike