Couestracker

Got my Gould’s turkey mount back

I finally got my 2013 Chiricahua Goulds turkey mount done. Sven at Wildlife Wings Design out did himself. I had him mount it in a gobbling from the roost pose, just like it was on opening morning.

Hunt story link: http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/40065-my-chiricahua-goulds-turkey-hunt/

I had found a cool juniper branch to mount it on, but it was a little small for this big tom. Sven found an awesome branch for it when he was on his elk hunt last year. I think it turned out excellent!

post-736-0-02998700-1410108140_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-38732900-1410108197_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

That's sweet he is doing

My 35a goulds from April right now

To in strutting pose. He's a cool guy can tell his love or what he does one step into his shop

*of smart phone is

Not do smart and fat fingers to boot lol

I hear you, I've fat fingers and dumb phone too. I saw your bird when I was there. Nice!

Looks great. I got a Eastern bird in that pose and a Rio in a simalar one on the perch too. When I finally get that Goulds He will be strutting. Got My Merriams flying. Some day hope get to FLA. for Osceola. Again congrats..............BOB!

How far along was he? I couldn't decide witch pose I wanted like yours or just strutting

Did you make the arrow head plaque the deer is on?

How far along was he? I couldn't decide witch pose I wanted like yours or just strutting

I didn’t notice what was left to do. Give him a call.

I posted earlier on your bird but must have forgotten to hit post. Nice lookin bird Tommy. Where you going to put this one? Congratulations! :)

TJ

Did you make the arrow head plaque the deer is on?

No, a guy I know makes them. I got that one at Marvin Robbins' memorial auction put on by the Valley Longbeards Chapter of the NWTF, Desert Christian Archers and lots of friends of Marvins.

Here's a picture of it.

post-736-0-12591500-1410206879_thumb.jpg

I posted earlier on your bird but must have forgotten to hit post. Nice lookin bird Tommy. Where you going to put this one? Congratulations! :)

TJ

Thanks TJ! He's in his temporary, albeit crowded home, until I build a larger trophy room inside my garage. It'll be a post retirement project. On the plus side, Julie broke a 14 year ban on animals in the house outside of that little room.....she took a picture off the hallway wall and said I could put one of my turkey fan mounts there. There's hope yet! Bless her heart.