lefty

my son's first antelope

my son shot his first antelope about 9:30 on opening morning. i get more excited watching him hunt than i do if it's me doing the shooting, it's awesome! we saw a few other bucks and each one i would let him look at through the spotter and let him decide if he wanted to go after it or not.he couldn't take it anymore and said "i want that one" so i said let's go. after sneaking through some cedars we got within 250 yards and got the bipod set up. i told him to take his time and squeeze, boom! i saw a puff of hair fly in the air,heard the whack! and down he went! it was an awesome experience,antelope has to be one of the funnest animals to hunt!

post-503-0-66365400-1410142366_thumb.jpg

post-503-0-07768500-1410142410_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Very cool! Congratulations to both of you on his successful hunt. It doesn't get better than that!

Congrats to your son and you as well! Brings back a lot of memories of when my son was around your sons age.

Guest wdenike

Nice job young man!!!!! Lefty, I think if my wife, kids, and grandson would consistently draw tags. I wouldn't care if I ever drew, it's that exciting for me too. Well I know ya go to heck for lying. So I guess I would care a little if I draw. :D :D :D :D Just sayin I know what ya mean.

Take care, Willie

• Like 1

Way cool, awesome buck and congrats!