Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Please Welcome Wild Side Grill as a sponsor of Coueswhitetail.com!

post-1-0-92674700-1410296628_thumb.jpg

Please help me welcome Wild Side Grill as a new sponsor of CouesWhitetail.com! This place was originally named Trophy’s Steakhouse, but a couple years ago they decided to make the place a little less formal and changed the name to Wild Side Grill to reflect that. The creator of this business is Kevin Dettler and he is an avid and well accomplished hunter! His idea was to create a restaurant that helps to celebrate the hunting lifestyle. Kevin is one of the few in the world to have taken the “North American 29”. And he has all these animals mounted and displayed throughout the restaurant! The trophies are very impressive and really add to the feel of the restaurant. They include 5 Life size Bears and 4 Grand Slam Bighorn Sheep. Kevin actually has made it to 32 species taken in North America and all taken with a .300 Weatherby!

Wild Side Grill is located at 7215 S. Power Rd. Queen Creek, AZ. They feature burgers, salads, along with wild game like kangaroo, elk, antelope, wild boar, and buffalo. They have a full bar with 18 taps and great variety of beer and wine.

When I asked what the top 5 menu items were, here is what they said,

Buffalo Burger- we use local buffalo

Antelope sausage- unique and perfectly cooked and seasoned

Salmon- with BBQ glaze

Elk & Buffalo Meatloaf- experience the wild side yet still traditional side by serving the meat as a meatloaf

Cobb Salad- plentifully and fresh

Some dishes you might be surprised they have are:

Kangaroo

Elk and Buffalo

Sampler plate, that includes beef chislic

Wild Boar BBQ

Frog legs

You can see their complete lunch and dinner menus as well as beer and wine lists on their website, Wild Side Grill. This is a place created by hunters for hunters! Their cook for the last 4 years is Josh Lakey who is a bow hunter and fisherman.

They just added outdoor seating in their patio. And they have an E-Club, which provides you with promotions for birthday and one year anniversary. In addition they have the Mug Club, which is an annual club. You buy into the club and receive discounts on mugs of beer, a polo shirt with mug club logo, and a quarterly mug club event. So if you live nearby, you can get some savings by joining these member specials.

Wild Side Grill also has a variety of events throughout the year, including their Annual Car Show which is free to attend, has an entry fee for car and great food and beer. Other events include: beer & food dinners, wine sommelier and food events, plus live music on occasion.

If you are are facebook, please go like their page and you can have access to periodic specials they post there!

https://www.facebook.com/WildSideGrillAZ

If you go, mention CouesWhitetail.com and you can get 15% off purchases of $25.00 or more now until March 30th 2015.

Forum member Chef posted a lot of photos and wrote up a review of this place back when it was known as Trophy’s Steakhouse. You can read that review here: http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/33666-trophys-steakhouse/

Another forum member (Muskrat) also did a review several years ago:
http://www.skinnymoose.com/desertrat/2009/09/26/trophys-steakhouse-a-review/

Some pics to enjoy

post-1-0-25144400-1410288524.jpg

post-1-0-66071900-1410288525_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-81274100-1410288526_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-73389000-1410288527_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-03863600-1410288529_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-91252300-1410288529_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-95392100-1410288530.jpg

post-1-0-18148500-1410288532_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-92146200-1410288532_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-13909000-1410288538_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-22809000-1410288549_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-87377800-1410288550_thumb.jpg

I've been there a few times....cool place. A couple years ago I suggested a CWT happy hour there. It would be a neat meeting place.

• Like 3

Yes, we should definitely have a dinner or happy our there. Who wants to go? And what date or day of the week would be best? Maybe mid week so we aren't interfering with any hunts?

Theresa Dettler just informed me that they are now doing hand-cut french fries! She says they are awesome!

Check out this Jalapeno burger they recently featured on their Facebook page!

It is Burger Monday & Monday Night football! Enjoy our featured Jalapeño popper burger while watching both games tonight at Wild Side. This burger is topped with fried jalapeños & cream cheese, crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce and tomato in a locally baked brioche bun.
This can be yours at $7.99 w/purchase of a beverage.

post-1-0-82187200-1410301097_thumb.jpg

CW Happy Hour would be Awesome!!!! I'm in. I've taken my wife & kids there several times. They loved the various & unique animal mounts. Cool place......

• Like 1

FYI...today is Taco Tuesday....

It's Tuesday! That means it is Taco Tuesday & $3.00 all craft beers all day!
Today's featured taco is a Red Chili Pork taco with crispy lettuce and fresh made pico. Grab this taco for $2.50 & our classic beef taco for $2.00! Pair this taco with a pint of Firestone Walker Union Jack for $3.00!

post-1-0-18582300-1410304726_thumb.jpg

Thursdays usually work for me. Then we could have a football game to watch as well.

• Like 2

It looks like a Ravens vs Steelers game Flatlander. Try there sampler plate. You get to try all sorts of exotic food options.

• Like 1

Welcome! Thank you for your sponsorship of such a great site. Hope this will work out to be a Win Win for all.

• Like 2

I'm in. M, W, Th works for me. I will be helping a buddy with his elk hunt through next Tuesday though. It would be a fun way to meet some of you all.

The few times I've been there, the bar area was pretty crowded. Not sure if we would need to "reserve" a table or the side room.

• Like 1