Sign in to follow this  
outlaw357derf

Rain for the next 3 days

Have great stalking and tracking conditions :)

+1!

I'm a VERY novice bow hunter with very little experience. I was fortunate enough to have an archery cow tag in unit 1 several years ago and had one of the most amazing afternoons of hunting in my life during a steady down pour. I was in lots of elk and they were very active. The rain did not keep them down one bit! It did, however keep my scent/noise down. Was fun and I ended-up shooting a nice yearling cow elk (my first and only with a bow).

Good luck stalking in the rain!

S.

:)

• Like 1

Its just going to get better. We saw in a similar post who they shut down like a switch, then noticed we got a little rain sunday and they fired back up. This should be really really good for you guys with tags. GOOD LUCK AND SLAY SOME MONSTERS

• Like 3

Will be heading up Thursday. Hunting next week then moving to unit 8 for ML. going to be nice with this weather. I suggest everyone leave and go home to be safe.

• Like 1

Everyone should vacate all hunting grounds and be in the safety of their homes. Also going back to work for 3 to 4 days helps too. Plus sleeping in your own comfy bed is super great. Don't be outside in the cold, wet, miserable, pouring rain, muddy conditions and having your bow subjected to all that moisture and then that extra rain water adds weight and has a direct correlation to poor shots. That arrow weighs more, rusting cams, and rain in your eyes. Better run for cover.

• Like 2

9/10" at the Nuevo Rancho Neglecto so far today. Weathermen call for 6-10" in the mountains. Report I saw said significant chance for loss of life and all kindsa stuff. Weathermen tend to err waaaay to the bad side so they can't be liable. Be interesting to see what it does. In the fall of 83 it rained stupid for weeks. Then it really started raining. We actually took my aluminum boat up the river from Crosby xing and floated a bull out, the creek was so big. It was one wild ride. We put the head up front like a Viking boat. Maybe we'll get another one like that. Clifton better hold on if we do. The frisco about washed em away. I'll say one thing. When it's over, the elk hunting will be red letter. Lark.

• Like 2

I have been out in 11m, and 7w, the last 3 nights many hunters have gone home. I have found elk every night, a 350 bull was bugling pretty good at 6 pm tonight in 7 no hunters around.

Sorry AZLance for my grammar.

• Like 1

Will be heading up Thursday. Hunting next week then moving to unit 8 for ML. going to be nice with this weather. I suggest everyone leave and go home to be safe.

Everyone should vacate all hunting grounds and be in the safety of their homes. Also going back to work for 3 to 4 days helps too. Plus sleeping in your own comfy bed is super great. Don't be outside in the cold, wet, miserable, pouring rain, muddy conditions and having your bow subjected to all that moisture and then that extra rain water adds weight and has a direct correlation to poor shots. That arrow weighs more, rusting cams, and rain in your eyes. Better run for cover.

Yep, go home. Come back next week.

• Like 1

9/10" at the Nuevo Rancho Neglecto so far today. Weathermen call for 6-10" in the mountains. Report I saw said significant chance for loss of life and all kindsa stuff. Weathermen tend to err waaaay to the bad side so they can't be liable. Be interesting to see what it does. In the fall of 83 it rained stupid for weeks. Then it really started raining. We actually took my aluminum boat up the river from Crosby xing and floated a bull out, the creek was so big. It was one wild ride. We put the head up front like a Viking boat. Maybe we'll get another one like that. Clifton better hold on if we do. The frisco about washed em away. I'll say one thing. When it's over, the elk hunting will be red letter. Lark.

Lark, where the heck have you been? I've had to fight of these city boys by myself.

I can't ever remember coming home early because of rain - when you set up camp and plan to stay the whole hunt - weather isn't even a factor to end the hunt or go home early

the mornigs after a good evening rain where always the best!

hope everyone is prepared - hunt smart and stay safe

now if "everything" gets soaked - it does tend to make it rough

those whom know AZ and Know that the rain can be bad - shouldn't be a problem