Sign in to follow this  
MadMax692

Lots of bulls

So quick question while I have service and eating lunch.. Been on several good bulls seen around 47 bulls they are bugling but not coming to cow/ bugle call. They are heading for cover early then coming down to feed late. What should I do? I'm thinking about sneaking in on bugles and not calling much, just enough so they will give away there location. Any advice. Thanks

I say go get one, a big one and post some pics! Which u it are you in. I was up I. 10 Saturday and saw and heard 0. I have the early rifle tag.

Just chase bugles. When you are close grab a big branch and do your best to initate an elk raking a tree. Works great. Leave the cow calls at home.

• Like 1

What you described doing will work perfect. If you know where they sleep and where they eat, just get between the two and when you hear a bull bugling, get set up in front of him.

You need to get where they will be. If they are vocal, you can pinpoint them and adjust your position. If they are not vocal, your calls will sound unnatural. Be patient, when elk move through an area it is often in a series of small groups and satellites. If you don't cut off the first group, just hang out and something else may materialize.

All awesome advice! Hard to chase down an elk so interception is key! if you hear fighting get up & get in there and being near water after a rumble is always a bonus. good luck and most of all enjoy!

What you described doing will work perfect. If you know where they sleep and where they eat, just get between the two and when you hear a bull bugling, get set up in front of him.

Listen to your gut and what Flatlander says

Thanks everyone for the advice had a big 6 tonight at. 100 yards just couldn't close the distance that makes 48 bulls in 6 days we are def in them.. I'm hunting unit 7 west