Sign in to follow this  
Gisela Lizard

vortex vulture

I have had the 15X56 for a while but finally got to look through them the other day. For what I paid I am extremely happy. They are clear and picked up the light pretty well. As for any sub $1000 binoculars they are not perfect around the edges but still pretty clear. They will get the true test in December for deer and January for Javi. At the worst I will keep them for a while and then pass them onto my son with such a good warranty.

I just ordered a pair from Cabelas. There are a few reviews on them & they are positive. For the price you can't beat them. I know they aren't swaros, and I couldn't afford them anyway. Lots of guys will say save your money until you can buy swaros, but if your like me something unexpected always comes up that needs to be paid for so I would never be able to afford swaros anyway. I looked thru the vultures at Cabelas in Boise & compared them with the Kaibabs for me the vultures felt better and were easier to focus. Every guys eyes are different buy what you can afford and enjoy them that's my plan. good luck in your decision

• Like 1

I checked them out at cabelas and was pretty impressed overall. The only problem I saw, is that with my eyes being closer together than most, a tripod mount might not fit because the body of the objective bulges out quite a bit.

I checked them out at cabelas and was pretty impressed overall. The only problem I saw, is that with my eyes being closer together than most, a tripod mount might not fit because the body of the objective bulges out quite a bit.

do you think universal adaptor would keep it from bulging? johny

do you think universal adaptor would keep it from bulging? johny

Not sure? I know for my eyes, there wasn't much of a gap.. I guess it depends on the person.

I went with the outdoorsman tall adapter and have no problem.

Good to know. For me, I have to have the binoculars in almost the narrowest setting. Do you think it would still work?

I had my vultures out a couple weeks ago and like the glass. I think I might have a problem with mine though. The diopter that adjusts the vision of the 1 eye might have an issue. It seems like I'm having to adjust the diopter after using the binos for a while. I want to send them in but want to have them for my hunt soon. Been to bass a couple times to see if they had a pair I could compare and see if they do the same thing but they don't carry vultures. I can give you a better review after my hunt.