Sign in to follow this  
huntingheritage

AZ Unit 33 Late

Hunting Heritage, How did your hunt go? I was following along and looking forward to hearing the details of your hunt.

While I typically spend most of time chasing muleys , but that doesn't mean I haven't seen my share of coues floating around ... feel free to hit me up. 33 is a solid unit (especially during the rut) .. .I spend a lot of time here. Feel free to PM me and I would be happy to help.

Just be ready to hike and glass. Most of this unit, especially on the west side of Catalina's, is well traveled. So don't be surprised to see a bunch of road hunters and dudes bumbling around without binos. I recommend sitting on a hill and just watch where they walk ... they will be kicking deer out in every direction and not even realize it. It's really quite comical ... I see this all the time and I have to admit ... makes me laugh every time. Just be patient and go slow; you won't have much problem with finding your shot.

BigGamrHunter you here in tucson? I am hunting 33 fir the first time this year. Boy has deer and javi, u have late Nov. Coues tag.

Would like to hear the details and any info he would like to share. I drew the 33 late hunt this year and plan on scouting the 3 weekends prior to my hunt. Never stepped foot in the unit but I am really looking forward to seeing new country and the new challenge. I have been shooting the 25-06 quite a bit and feel pretty comfortable out to about 400 yards. Conditions would have to be just right for me to shoot much further.