Sign in to follow this  
IceColdBears

6A Coues Advice

Hello,

My Dad and I have two rifle tags for coues deer this year in 6a. I had the same tag last year and found myself hunting above cedar flats in 6a. I was able to scout one prize coues buck prior to my hunt grazing. During my hunt, I saw two bucks, both were mule deer and numerous mule does. Sadly, I didn't tag out last year. This year my Dad and I have been scouting for the last several weekends lower in the unit off the 260. We've tried West Clear creek and Bullpin areas. We've not had any real luck running across anything except mule deer. I'm not sure how many more years my Dad has to hunt since he's 69. I'm trying my hardest to locate a good couse spot within 6a that may yield results or if anything us just seeing some correct game even if the shot is too far.

Will anyone please share their advice on good spots to scout that we've not covered? I understand people like to hold onto their honey holes for future hunts but just advice to help improve me as a hunter. Also, it would help my Dad and I have a great hunt in 6a this year regardless if we don't tag out.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.