Sign in to follow this  
photofool

Has this happened to you?

Today I killed two coyotes with one shot. I still can't believe it. I thought that only happened in movies. While calling ,a pair of coyotes responded.

they were coming in fast, close together. When they were within about 40 yards Ipost-6669-0-96618100-1411696288_thumb.jpg quit calling so they would stop running. I was following the nearest

one in my cross hairs when she stopped I shot her through the front shoulders with my 22-250. I heard the whap on impact and chambered in another

shell to take the second coyote as it retreated . To my amazement there was two coyotes flopping around on the ground. I could not believe what I

was seeing. On closer inspection the first coyote had an exit hole about the size of a baseball. I could not find a hole in the second coyote but

there was mass amount of blood coming out of the mouth. When I skinned it out. there was a little hole in the throat.

I guess it just was not his day. Has anybody killed of heard of anyone killing two coyotes with one shot, with a rifle?

post-6669-0-59118200-1411696689_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Every case I know of occurred when they were right next to each other or as I call it stacked up (not like stacking a show dog). I have seen two of these done with a shotgun, one with a bow, and was told about one with a 300 win. The guy with the 300 win I think killed three at the same time while they were eating on something during his elk hunt.

This is the 1st one while running without them within a foot of each other and no shotgun to top it off.

That is awesome!

Hurry go buy a power ball ticket ! Awesome man very cool

• Like 1

To answer your question, witnessed my dad kill 2 bucks with one shot.

If Annie Oakley didn't do it, Buffalo Bill Cody certainly did ! You are in good company!

I got lucky three years ago when I popped two with one shot. I was using an AR chambered in 243wssm loaded with an 87 grain vmax. My taxidermist found a very small fragment that had hit the heart of the second coyote. I used the pelt for an upcoming mount. David

post-561-0-17501700-1411702780_thumb.jpg

post-561-0-65348300-1411702796_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nope! And that is awesome, well done!

My dad said he saw my grandfather shoot two deer back in the day when you could shoot does. I haven't done it on anything but birds.

Nice job! Thanks for sharing the story.