Sign in to follow this  
Chris

How to get a Polaris Ranger quieter...

Buy a new one. Transmission makes more noise than the engine in mine. A lot more. All of em I've been in are that way. New ones are a lot quieter. Mine is an 09. The new ones with the big engines are much quieter. Don't know how, guess the trans is insulated more or something. I like mine. Been a great rig. But I want a new one with power steering, heater, big motor and quiet. Lark.

Buy a new one. Transmission makes more noise than the engine in mine. A lot more. All of em I've been in are that way. New ones are a lot quieter. Mine is an 09. The new ones with the big engines are much quieter. Don't know how, guess the trans is insulated more or something. I like mine. Been a great rig. But I want a new one with power steering, heater, big motor and quiet. Lark.

Lol you mean you want a jeep?

• Like 2

Nope. New models have power steering and a heater is available. You can get a glass windshield, 15" wheels, all kindsa stuff. And they dont beat your guts out like a jeep. Lark.

• Like 1

Well we buy a new one each year, have since 2011. Putting 6 to 8k miles on them a hunting year doesn't help. Still beats you up. Only issue we have run into is the rear sway bar squeaks. I have to tear it down before each hunting or scouting season and use heavy duty marine grease. Other than that its hard to quiet them down

i have an 09 700 and its pretty darn quiet compared to others. my wives unc has a t rex and its loud and buddies have rhinos and mine is super quiet next to them unless w/o and mine smokes all of theirs. I have a 3 inch lift, stock pipe, stock rims but bigger tires. I don't mind no power steering but im only 24....lol my problem is cheap cv axles and fuel pumps. I have replaced both front cv axles 3 times and fuel pump and filter a lot. my 84-86 Honda atc's run way better than my 09 Polaris... lol

post-10394-0-19805600-1411870416.jpg

Turn it off

You are spot on

furthermore just sell it and use what the good lord gave you.....the leather on your boots. Much more quieter, cheaper and a form of what most call exercise.

• Like 3

Kudos to all you walkers. I am sure you had to drive something to where you start walking, he's just trying to have a quieter ride. I put a stealth muffler on my Honda quad and it made a lot of difference. Can't stand a loud ride.

• Like 2

Kolpin makes a stealth exhaust that claims up to 50% reduction in exhaust noise. Around $175? I don't really know anything about it.

They get some good reviews.

There is a guy in prescott who rides a quad around everywhere on the highway, has a homemade cab w windshield. Anyways he has what looks like just a common car or truck muffler mounted on it. Super quiet.

Try the Ultimate Poacher Muffler or the Advanced Road Hunter Muffler, both of these will get your closer to the buck or bull of your dreams without any leg work.

• Like 3