Sign in to follow this  
bigrackhunter14

first ever bear tag ?s

was wondering if under the General Bear in regs are the OTC? like most units open tomorrow (Oct. 3) for otc tag? some buddies say yes some say no. im just uneducated with the otc bear season. it doesn't say Over-The-Counter like archery deer. thanks for any input.

most should be open to over the counter non permit. but check the bear hot line because some units have met there quotas already from the early hunt. good luck im supposed to go out this week end

+1 on calling the bear hotline!! 23 south is closed to bear hunting for the rest of 2014. Other units may have already closed as well.

• Like 1

Lots have closed. :( I was going to go hunt in 29, but it closed the first week-the archery hunt took the quota opening weekend.

im looking in the 2014-15 Arizona Hunting Regulations and on pages 58-59 it shows the bear seasons and nothing about 'non-permit' hunt just General Bear and Archery only Bear and then Harvest limit. think yall are talking about the Fall or spring regs...? I don't have those regs yet.

Lots have closed. :( I was going to go hunt in 29, but it closed the first week-the archery hunt took the quota opening weekend.

Wow! 29 is my next unit to hunt next year. About 8-7 years ago I think like 15 bears where shot opening rifle season. This info was from the warden, he said it was like world war 2 with all the shooting.

im looking in the 2014-15 Arizona Hunting Regulations and on pages 58-59 it shows the bear seasons and nothing about 'non-permit' hunt just General Bear and Archery only Bear and then Harvest limit. think yall are talking about the Fall or spring regs...? I don't have those regs yet.

post-8895-0-91502800-1412311690_thumb.png

I double checked the regs you're talking about. I believe all those are OTC and you can tell because it doesn't show the number of tags offered in a draw and only the spring hunts have drawn tags.

says above the hunt dates tag requirement: nonpermit tag obtained from a licensed dealer.

James

Even when limit is reached have till. The following Wednesday evening

• Like 1