runningfool

coues wilderness jan hunt

Hmmm, am I the only one who was thinking Pendelton, OR? I suppose it makes sense that he would be stationed at CAMP Pendelton.

Good luck on your hunt, and here is a hint, if Edge is offering, I would be accepting.

• Like 1

Thanks, Flatlander.

Pendleton OR never occurred to me due to our kids in the Marines.

If I offer to pack a camp in, I'll follow thru. When he sees pics of the horse camp we'll have setup in this Nov for MULEPACKHUNTER and madx250's Coues hunt, he won't be able to sleep nights.

I'm feeding a string of good trail horses that need riding. Anyone that wants to see some outback country, just pm.

• Like 2

For a guy with 3 posts there is some great advise. I sent a PM with no response so I say if this guy doesnt jump back in soon I will be dumping my advise!!!!

Like Edge said he follows through, something to be said for that.

• Like 2

Best respond soon, 'runningfool.'

When MULEPACKHUNTER gets upset, his mules cry and sets in motion an irreversible sense of foreboding for all within earshot..

Totally down edge. I'm not sure when in jan I will have the ability to drive over and won't know till mid dec. however getting super pumped for this hunt already!

I can't think of anything I like more than hunting rutting coues deer. The weather is usually great, mountain views that go on just about forever, and they sure do move around a lot all day long when they're feeling randy. I think you're going to have one helluva time regardless of which unit you pick.

I love packing in for the Jan hunts. I don't usually go to far, maybe 1-2 hours in from the road, but the area I hunt has no trails so it's all cross country hiking and I never see anybody on my ridge, unless they hiked in with me. And most of the guys that have hiked in with me are smart enough to not do it a second time. You won't have to put too many miles between you and your vehicle to find all the solitude that you want, but of course there's never been anything wrong with going deeper. ;)

If I was going to blindly walk into an Arizona coues deer unit and I want to avoid heavy snow. I'd go to 33.

Notime2hunt

Where you wanna go?

Runningfool,I don't want to hijack your thread,but if you are in fact at camp Pendleton,or service related there is the possibility of Ft Huachua.Plenty of Coues,mule deer,javelina,lions ,turkeys,varmits,and limited people.

• Like 1

Runningfool,I don't want to hijack your thread,but if you are in fact at camp Pendleton,or service related there is the possibility of Ft Huachua.Plenty of Coues,mule deer,javelina,lions ,turkeys,varmits,and limited people.

very true, but wouldn't he of had to draw a tag earlier for deer?