Sign in to follow this  
ArizonaWildernessHunter

AZGFD Lic Scam?????????????

You could of selected a start date up to 60 days in advance. So in theory, your new license start date could have been December 5, 2014.

From the December 2013 Wildlife Views issue:If you buy your license online, you may select your own start date (i.e., the date your license will become valid) up to 60 days beyond the date you purchase it, and it will be valid for one year from that date.http://azgfd.net/artman/publish/NewsMedia/Wildlife-News---Dec-27-2014_printer.shtml

No 60 day option today. Either type in Lic Number or Buy License. Looks identical to previous years and never had a problem.

You could have used your current license to put in for the spring hunts, then if you were drawn you would have to buy a license to use that tag. Next year put in for elk and deer with the license you just bought and buy a new one before those seasons start. This is the way I understand it, maybe someone else has a simpler explanation.

Why not just have an additional 365 days added onto the lic on file instead. Then require that additional days are purchased for the time of the hunt if your lic will expire. This should be done at the time of draw.

That way no one is hunting illegally or adjusting their lic purchases to save them money while committing fraud. You could manipulate the lic purchase dates so there are gaps and save money if you only hunt select species when drawn every 5 years. What happens if someone just buys a temporary lic to apply and only gets a real lic if they get drawn for elk.

You're making it more complicated than it really is.

You could have applied for the Spring 2015 hunts with your current 2014 license. Then on Jan 1, 2015 purchase your new license for the year just as you've always done. You'd then be on the same Jan 1-Dec 31 schedule you've been used to.

I have never purchased my lic on Jan 1. I am out hunting on Jan 1. I always purchased my new lic for Jan 1 with the draw months before. No wonder so many people were late for opening day of javelina. Hangovers and they needed to go to the store to buy a lic.

Ok then......purchase it on Dec 31, 2014. Then you won't miss hunting Jan 1, 2015. You'll still be good to go for the entire 2015 calendar year.

You can worry about it all you want...it's not going to change the fact that this is the way it is ... For now. And when , and if they change it, we will need to go with the new license structure. Not worth thinking about.

• Like 4

You guys are saying to just put in for the 2015 spring hunts with the 2014 hunting license. I thought that you had to buy a 2015 hunting license to put in for the 2015 spring hunts. Maybe I'm wrong.

Poor horse has been beaten ATLEAST 3 times more than in needs to be. Didn't this horse die when the new license structure was released? First was this exact same argument, then a few people, who complain about everything, make a huge gripe over the new tags you purchase at outside vendors. Requires a plastic bag and a tie, and that is just asking waaaaaaaayyyyy to much.

ADAPT!

• Like 3

Sometimes I feel bad for AZGFD. So many lamp lovers out there, so little time to personally explain every detail of the regs to each one personally.

I guess you and the AZGFD better reread the spring regs. Look at this:

"Licenses will not be issued until the draw occurs."

Direct quote from the spring regs. They cannot even follow their own rules and regulations. I was purchasing along with the draw cycle. Not separately. In the past the lic was post-dated. According to the new regs my lic should not have been valid today since I was doing this as apart of the draw cycle and not an individual lic purchase.

This will be my last post towards this. I'm really trying to help you. But your above quote is when applying via PAPER apps only. You're confusing it with online purchases. Licenses purchased online are printed at the time of application.

I really hope things work out for you.

• Like 2

You guys are saying to just put in for the 2015 spring hunts with the 2014 hunting license. I thought that you had to buy a 2015 hunting license to put in for the 2015 spring hunts. Maybe I'm wrong.

You're wrong. It changed.

And AZ wilderness, licenses bought online have always been effective the date of purchase, licenses bought via permit application were not effective until the date of the draw.

And every time something changes OMG azgfd is trying to screw everyone, actually no. If you would have attended ANY of their public input sessions, you would have known that they were actually trying to save people $.

It's not worth rehashing here. People believe what they want to believe.

• Like 6

My buddies and I were uncertain of this as well. The regs basically read that you have to have a valid license on the deadline day for the draw you are applying for. We wanted to be certain so called AZGFD for clarification. Essentially this is what we learned.

Since the spring deadline date is October 14, 2014, your current license is fine as long as it expires on October 15, 2014 or later. You will need a current license at the time of the hunt, if drawn. So basically you can use your 2014 license to apply for all spring drawings and don't need to buy another until your first 2015 hunt, which would then be good for one year from that date.

It can be confusing, but you don't need to pay for double licenses.

• Like 1

Others are correct. Read page 10 of the Spring regs. You need to posses a license that is valid on the the last day of the application deadline of that hunt. As rossslider stated, your 2014 is valid as long as it doesn't expire prior to the 14th.

I was wrong. So if you don't have to have a 2015 hunting license to put in for the 2015 spring hunts, I guess that you could still wait to buy your year long license on january 1st.

• Like 1

I was wrong. So if you don't have to have a 2015 hunting license to put in for the 2015 spring hunts, I guess that you could still wait to buy your year long license on january 1st.

There you go! You got it! :)

OMFG!!!! Gosh dang people!!! Listen!!! Don't change a single thing from past year, apply for tags AND buy your license the exact same way!!! IT WILL WORK OUT! SAME LICENSE JUST DIFFERENT STRUCTURE! It like 6 and a half dozen.

• Like 3