Sign in to follow this  
bowhunter4life

Jared last youth tag

After 7 years of being able to hunt with my son during the youth hunt opportunities. A big KUDO to the AZGFD for allowing these hunts to take place. With this hunt, we decided to hold out for something special, after seeing roughly 50 does and passing 4 spikes and two 2 points, Saturday night we glassed this buck on top of the hill roughly 2000 yards away. An hour and half later, they finally got up, but we closed the distance to 240 yards while they were snoozing. I am always amazed how my son get-r-done when it comes time to shoot. He going to look great on our wall! Yep that him at age 10 in my avatar with spike coues deer :)

Mike

post-519-0-34070300-1412559126_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

What a great shot, and got to love the big smile on his face...

Can't wait until next year so I can take my son.

If you don't mind me asking what caliber is your son shooting?

Nice rope tail. Perfect shot, unless you were planning on eating the heart. Congrats are in order to you both.

• Like 2

Nice Job! Nothing I like better than seeing those kids being taught well and enjoying success. Great post and huge congrats to Jared. And great job to you for taking the time to teach him and create opportunities for him.

• Like 1

Congrats Jared on taking a very nice Buck!

Those youth hunts are great! I am always looking for a kid to tag along with. Congratulations on a great buck.