Sign in to follow this  
elkwrestler

Mom archery bull.

Well this year my mom was probably the only person to be disappointed with a unit 9 archery bull tag when the draw came out. She wanted the rifle tag and didn't even want to put in for the archery tag but I messed up the app. When I told her she was so mad at me she hung up the phone on me. When I called my dad he was just as excited as I was to be able to hunt the Bulls we had been following for the last few years. A few days later at dinner my dad brother and I explained what an awesome hunt she had been drawn for she began to understand. She knew she had a lot of work to do ( shooting her bow and physically getting ready for the hunt).

She worked her butt off and shot every morning before work and every afternoon before dark. She would run and hike throughout the week. As me I knew I would not be able to take any other clients this years or she would kill me. So we scouted and watched elk through out the summer. When it came time for the hunt we were all blessed with enough time off from work to spend the whole hunt in the woods.

After seeing few people all summer scouting all of a sudden the woods were packed and hunters and helpers were crawling through the unit. We were able to walk into road closed areas to find trucks and quads that must have missed the sign...we were still able to get away from people and hunt big cl screaming Bulls. Through the hunt we were looking for a big non typical but hadn't see him for about two weeks. On Monday I had to go home for a emergency at work, of course my brother

• Like 1

Well ?..........

post-10954-0-46480100-1412717112.jpg

We're waiting...