Sign in to follow this  
Gut Pile

Bummed Out!... but Fortunate.

I drew Oct Kiabab 12A West tag this and I was really excited to go. I asked for advice and help and so many of our forum members were great in helping as much as they could. Lance with TLO and many others pointed me in some directions to follow up on. Unfortunately I will not be making my hunt. I was injured at work and nearly lost my left leg to infection. After a couple of surgeries, great doctors, and answered prayers I will be keeping my leg. I could sit and stew about missing my long waited Kiabab hunt, but I feel blessed to be recovering well with the support of my family. My wife and I are expecting our first little one 1st week of December and fortunately I should be back up to par for baby's arrival. I just wanted to thank everyone for the advice wish everybody an amazing hunt. I'll be ot there Next Year!!

Gut Pie

• Like 2

Stuff happens and it is tough to miss out on any hunt but that's just the way it goes sometimes. You sound pretty lucky to me so just put in again next year.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you get better very soon. If your not going to use your tag please consider donating it.

Adam

Guest 300ultramag.

id ask for your money back

funny how you can reschedule a life saving open heart surgery (for any reason)..

you can change your itenerary for a flight over seas at a moments notice..(for any reason)

Even NASA can cancel a shuttle launch!!!!!!

BUT to surrender a deer tag back to the Arizona G&F Department????

whooooa buddy slow down... that is crazy talk.. please go pound sand at your earliest convenience.

glad to hear your recovering well.. If you can make it up there... I would go. and enjoy the litte one... they are far more rewarding than any trophy out there! Like everyone says!!!!!!!!! THEY GROW UP FAST...

• Like 1

sorry to hear......

DB has some good advise... road hunt

hope you heal up well!

best wishes for you and the misses on the little one coming!

James

Best wishes on the coming birth of your child and on your recovery! Bummer on the hunt, but you'll get other chances. Good Luck!

Glad to hear you're okay.... That said, I'd be driving all of those roads up there and you have a good chance to bring home a 12AW buck.. Just sayin...... :)

Yep if you can swing it you should get the paperwork from G&F for a champ permit and go get your buck, if there is no chance of making hunt donating the tag is a great alternative.

• Like 1

As others have said, either contact G&F about getting a CHAMP permit, or donate it to a youth. Don't let it just go to waste.

Heck, I have a 12AE tag, if I kill early, I'll come pick you up and we'll go get you one!!!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the well wishes. Didn't make it up due being tied to machines for a month & a 1/2. Then into a rehabilitation center ( basically an old folks home where I heard se amazing stories from WWII & Vietn vets) a blessing in disguise. Now focusing in on my wife who's due in three weeks with our 1st little huntress. Name: Remington Adrian Lee. Thanks again everybody, that 200" buck will have time to grow a bit more, maybe a drop time;)

Glad you are on the road to recovery, and good luck with the upcoming baby! She will need her Daddy. Nothing more important than our kids.